PLX is developing silicon controllers based on this new architecture -- the first switch fabric controllers optimized for edge-access communications equipment such as digital subscriber line access multiplexors (DSLAM), media access gateways and wireless base stations.
What does SFC stand for?
SFC stands for Switch Fabric Controller (Nortel Shasta)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SFC
We have 390 other meanings of SFC in our Acronym Attic
- Super Famicom (video game console)
- Supercritical Fluid Chromatography
- Supplementary Feeding Centre
- Support Function Cost (finance)
- Supreme Fighting Circuit (anime)
- Surface Ship Command
- Surface Wind Speed (weather reports)
- Sustainable Food Center (Austin, TX)
- Sustainable Furniture Council (High Point, NC)
- Sydney Ferries Corporation (Australia)
- Syndrome de Fatigue Chronique (French: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
- Synovus Financial Corp. (Columbus, GA)
- Syrianska FC (Suryoye, Sweden)
- System File Check (Microsoft Windows 98)
- Sztanya Ferenc Consulting (Budapest, Hungary)
- Skills for Care & Development (UK)
- Space-Frequency Coded Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing
- Supplementary Feeding Centre/Programme
- San Francisco Choral Artists (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With broad support for the industry's most popular switch interfaces, the CIS8224 enables direct connectivity to virtually any switch fabric controller IC.
NASDAQ: PLXT) today announced the CPCI GBP32RDK-33, a rapid development kit (RDK) that provides a complete design environment and speeds time to market for CompactPCI systems based on the PLX(R) GigaBridge(TM) GBP32 adaptive switch fabric controller chip.
Their GigaBridge switch fabric controller chips will also allow communication equipment suppliers to preserve their investment in the PCI architecture and to deliver systems that are highly scalable and reliable -- critical factors in communications applications.
Cooperative Software Development to Enable Client Server Systems Dialogic has also agreed to support Mitel in Mitel's development of a derivative of the Connection Master product that will be made available to work as a SCSA switch fabric controller that integrates with Dialogic's implementation of the SCSA Telephony Application Objects (TAO) software, combining the advantages of both products.