And a Tumble Swirl Control Valve in the intake manifold provides for a stable combustion process, reducing emissions.
What does SCV stand for?
SCV stands for Swirl Control Valve
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SCV
We have 106 other meanings of SCV in our Acronym Attic
- Steel Containment Vessel
- Sterilization Chamber Vent
- Sub-Cave (Portuguese: sub-level; postal usage)
- Sub-Clutter Visibility
- Subaru Club du Var (French car club)
- Submerged Combustion Vaporizer (equipment used in LNG plants)
- Subsea Construction Vessel (various companies)
- Supply Chain Visibility
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- Surge Control Valve
- Sainsbury Centre for the Visual Arts (UK)
- Salem Convention and Visitors Association (Salem, Oregon)
- Santa Clara Valley Athletic
- Saskatchewan Country Vacation Association (Canada)
- Sawtooth Center for Visual Art (North Carolina)
- Scirpus Validus (botany)
- Sojitz Corporation Value Added
- South Carolina Veterinary Association
- Southern California Velodrome Association
- Southern California Vocal Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
A major innovation contributing to efficiency in the Primera engine is the inclusion of a swirl control valve in the engine's inlet tract.
A number of key technologies combine to make the Sentra CA environmental performance possible: double-wall exhaust manifolds, a new combustion control sensor, quicker catalyst warm-up (three 3-way catalysts are utilized in the emissions system), new hydrocarbon trap catalysts, a non-return fuel system and use of a special electronically controlled swirl control valve that reduces hydrocarbon emissions in cold and warm start situations.