This was true despite the fact that Kerry made his Vietnam service the motif of the Democratic National Convention, followed weeks later by 64 Swift Boat vets who served with Kerry in Vietnam claiming that he did not do the things he said he did.
What does SBV stand for?
SBV stands for Swift Boat Vets
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SBV
We have 45 other meanings of SBV in our Acronym Attic
- Software Based Verifier
- South Birmingham Vineyard (UK)
- Space-Based Visible
- Speakers Bureau Volunteer (guide dogs)
- Standard Bank, Barclays and Volkskas
- Standby vessel (offshore drilling)
- State Bank of Vassar (Vassar, Michigan)
- State Bank of Vietnam
- Structure Borne Vibration Manual
- Suckler Beef Value (profit index)
- Santa Barbara Visual Arts (alliance)
- Sociedade Brasileira de Artes Visuais
- Special Billing Voucher Administration
- Stinson Beach Village Association
- Syndicat de la Basse Vallée de l'Adour
- Syndicat des Vignerons Bio Aquitaine
- San Bernardino Valley Amateur Astronomers (California)
- Santa Barbara Visual Arts Alliance (Santa Barbara, CA)
- Stony Brook Volunteer Ambulance Corps
- San Bernardino Valley Audubon Society (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Only when the Kerry campaign itself chose to respond, and then only in the most selective fashion, did the mainstream media find the Swift Boat Vets worthy of coverage.
Welch never addresses the most damning claim of the swift boat vets, that Kerry behaved traitorously after returning from Vietnam.
The following day The New York Times ran a front-page story attacking the Swift Boat Vets and alleging a web of connections with Karl Rove and the Bush campaign.
The problem, though - as with Kerry and the Swift Boat Vets - is that he-said, she-said testimonials don't prove anything.
Allyn Anderson Van Nuys Facts are plain To me, as a Korean War vet, whether the documents recently uncovered by CBS are real or forged and whether the allegations of the swift boat vets for truth are true or false are all irrelevant.
As the Swift Boat vets tell the story of what happened on March 13, 1969, Kerry did nothing very heroic, report Thomas and Meadows.