The country's statistics body has integrated a set of sustainable development indicators and reported the country's progress towards the United Nations Millennium Development Goals.
What does SDI stand for?
SDI stands for Sustainable Development Indicators
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SDI
We have 334 other meanings of SDI in our Acronym Attic
- Stress Day Index
- Subjective Disposable Income
- Subsidy Dependence Index (finance)
- Subtitling & Dubbing International
- Suction Diesel Injection
- Sudden Death in Infancy
- Superior Deicers Inc. (manufacturers of aviation ground support equipment)
- Supplier Development Initiative (Canada)
- Supplier Diversity Initiative
- Survey Detection and Identification
- Sustainable Development Innovation
- Sustainable Development, Inc. (Oregon)
- Switched Digital International
- Syndicat des Indépendants
- System Deployment Image (Windows file extension)
- System Design and Integration Pty. Ltd. (Australia)
- System Development Inc.
- Système de Détection Incendie (French: Fire Detection System)
- Systemically Dangerous Institution (economics)
- Systems Design Inc (Sparks, NV)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sustainable development indicators for economical, social and regional development and state of environment are selected in the strategy for the monitoring of sustainable development however this system of indicators were not applied for the analysis of trends and only some targets of sustainable development were set using these indicators.
The campaigning charity claimed that some of the Sustainable Development Indicators had been "skewed to give a favourable response" and warned not enough had been done to fight climate change.
According to Chief of Mission in GIZ Helmut Krist, the German agency which has for a long time encouraged and assisted Tunisian initiatives in matters of environment through its Programme for the Environment, (15 million euros), will continue to support new Tunisia in achieving environmental and sustainable development projects adapted to the new juncture and in compliance with Sustainable Development Indicators (SDD).
At the conclusion of the two-day meeting, participants emphasized the need to identify and develop sustainable development indicators to assess achievements and progress made in the Arab region in this regard and to examine gaps and means of addressing them.
Our objective is to evaluate the influence of foreign direct investment on sustainable development indicators of differently developed countries during two periods of time: a time span before and a time span embracing the global economic crisis.
Summary: Hammamet - The 4th Islamic Conference of Environment Ministers adopted, on Thursday in Hammamet, Tunisia, a new resolution, urging the member states to build up sustainable development indicators at national levels, in conformity with the of the UN Commission on Sustainable Development guidelines.
During the two-day workshop, the participants mulled many matters bearing on urban monitoring and the pressing need for it and how to work out and collect analyses as well as ways and means of using geographical information systems in monitoring urban sustainable development indicators, he said.