However, a study by the Sustainable Building Task Force of the California Integrated Waste Management Board shows sustainable design can be incorporated into a structure with little or no increase in construction costs and that a minimal "upfront investment of less than 2 percent of construction costs yields life cycle savings of over 10 times the initial investment.
What does SBTF stand for?
SBTF stands for Sustainable Building Task Force (California)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SBTF
We have 2 other meanings of SBTF in our Acronym Attic
- Standards Based Teacher Education
- State Board of Tax Examiners
- State Board of Technical Education
- Statens Bygningstekniske Etat
- Structurally-Based Therapeutic Evaluation
- State Board of Technical Education and Training
- S-Band Test Facility
- Southeastern Brain Tumor Foundation (Atlanta, GA)
- Stater Brothers Training Facility (San Bernardino Valley College; San Bernardino, CA)
- Subsurface Barrier Test Facility (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University; Blacksburg, VA)
- Svenska Bordtennisförbundet (Sweden)
- Santa Barbara Technology Group (California)
- Stochastic Bracketing Transduction Grammar (computational linguistics)
- Sustainable Buildings Task Group (environmentally green buildings)
- Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation
- Scottish Book Trade Index (National Library of Scotland; UK)
- Sigma Breakthrough Technologies, Inc.
- Small Business Training Institute (various locations)
- Soy Bean Trypsin Inhibitor
Samples in periodicals archive:
The costs and financial benefits of green buildings: A report to California's Sustainable Building Task Force.
A report to California's Sustainable Building Task Force, based on LEED (a Green Building ranking system) buildings in the State of California, states that "an upfront investment of 2% in green building design, on average, results in life cycle savings of 20% of the total construction costs-more than ten times the initial investment (4).
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] A recent, comprehensive cost-benefit analysis of green buildings commissioned by California's Sustainable Building Task Force, a group of more than 40 California state government agencies, contends a green building may cost more initially, but saves through lower operating costs over the life of the building.
A strong advocate for sustainable design, Castellanos guided the development of California's Sustainable Schools Resource Guide, and chaired the California Sustainable Building Task Force.
Green-Built Idea House Team Architect: EDI Architecture Builder: Clarum Homes Designer: Pamela Pennington Studios Landscape architect: HLD Group Landscape Architecture Development: Hamilton Park Nonprofit partner: Peninsula Habitat for Humanity State of California: Sustainable Building Task Force, California Energy Commission, Integrated Waste Management Board, County of San Mateo RecycleWorks National Sponsors AGIO uses the latest trends in materials--all-weather wicker, alumicast designs, powder-coated aluminum, stone- and resin-top tables--to create high-quality outdoor furnishings.