However, she pointed out that the National Science Foundation 2009 survey of earned doctorates found the total number of students of color who earned doctoral degrees in 2008 showed a 20 percent increase compared to the 1998 cohort.
What does SED stand for?
SED stands for Survey of Earned Doctorates
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SED
We have 210 other meanings of SED in our Acronym Attic
- Strategic Economic Dialogue
- Stream Editor
- Strip Endpoint Diffraction
- Structured Electronic Document (data transmission)
- Sub-clinical Eating Disorder
- Sub-Entire Domain
- Sub-Epithelial Domain (biology)
- Suberythemal Dose
- Supported Education
- Surface-Conduction Electron-Emitter Display
- Survey of English Dialects
- Sustainable Energy Development
- Sweet Eagle Dreams
- System Evolution Description
- Systems Engineering and Development (US DHS)
- Systems Engineering Division
- Simulation Experiment Description Markup Language (also seen as SEDML)
- Scramjet Engine Demonstrator -- Waverider
- SED/Nuclear Facility Safety Branch
- Center of Small Enterprise Development Assistance (Vietnam microfinance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
PhDs were awarded to foreign nationals in 2006 according to the NSF's Survey of Earned Doctorates, a growing percentage of whom return to their home countries to live, work, and innovate.
The Survey of Earned Doctorates shows that in 2000, more than half of all Ph.
It was the largest percentage ever recorded for minority recipients in the annual Survey of Earned Doctorates.
THE REPORT GIVES THE RESULTS OF DATA COLLECTED IN THE SURVEY OF EARNED DOCTORATES, CONDUCTED FOR SIX FEDERAL AGENCIES, NSF, NIH, USED, NEH, USDA, AND NASA BY NORC.