The first enhanced JT8D-219 engine is on track to be delivered to Northrop Grumman in February, in support of re-engining the USAF E-8C Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System (Joint STARS) aircraft.
What does STARS stand for?
STARS stands for Surveillance Target Attack Radar System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of STARS
We have 217 other meanings of STARS in our Acronym Attic
- Students Taking Action and Responsibility for Success
- Students Tapping Academic Resources for Success
- Students Teaching and Advocating Respect
- Students Teaching and Reaching Students
- Students That Are Really Special
- Students Today Aren't Ready for Sex (abstinence based educational program in Oregon)
- Submarine Towed Array System
- Success Through Academic and Recreation Support
- Superfund Transactions Automated Retrieval System
- Surface To Air Recovery System
- Surveillance, Target Acquisition & Reporting System
- Standardized Accounting & Reporting System - Field Level
- Standard Accounting and Reporting System-One Bill Pay
- Sustainment of Trauma and Resuscitation Skills - Program (USAF program to maintain critical wartime readiness skills)
- Small Tactical Serial Reconnaissance System - Visual
- Student Tracked Atmospheric Research Satellite for Heuristic International Networking Experiment (payload on shuttle mission STS-96)
- Standard Training Area Range Safety Network (Australia)
- Science, Technology and Research Support Services (US NASA)
- Standard Army Retail Supply System
- Successful Teaching of Academic Reading to Secondary Students
Samples in periodicals archive:
Army E-8C Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System (Joint STARS).
2 million contract from the US Air Force to provide the Enhanced Land/Maritime Mode (ELMM) mobile target precision tracking and engagement system for the E-8C Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System (Joint Stars) aircraft fleet.
In addition to being the only Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System, the 116th Air Control Wing is also the only blended -- active duty and Air National Guard -- wing in the Air Force.
DRC's selection as the prime contractor for this program, combined with the company's selection as the Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System prime contractor last month, reaffirms the confidence placed in DRC by ESC personnel, over many years of service," said James P.
Other products include AWACS airborne early warning radar, the Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System (JSTARS) and the Longbow Hellfire missile.
Another of ESC's premier programs is the Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System, or Joint STARS.
Air Force's B-2 stealth bomber, the Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System, and Global Hawk unmanned aerial reconnaissance system; and the U.