The majority of surge-control techniques restrict the operation of the compressor to flow rates above a defined surge-control line based on the surge margin for a particular compressor.
What does SM stand for?
SM stands for Surge Margin (compressor aerodynamics)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SM
We have 174 other meanings of SM in our Acronym Attic
- Super Mall (Philippines)
- Super Mario (Nintendo game)
- Super Metroid (game)
- Super Metroid (video game)
- Supervisor Manual
- Supply Manual
- Support Magistrate (courts)
- Support Manager
- Surface Mount
- Surgical Margin
- Sutton (postcode, United Kingdom)
- Swine Mycoplasmosis (swine enzootic pneumonia)
- Switching Module
- Swollen Members (band)
- Synchronous Motor
- Synchronous Multiplexer (Alcatel)
- Syndicat de La Magistrature (French: Union of Magistrates)
- Syndicat de La Mesure (French: Union of Measure)
- Synthetic Media (cell plating)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Both engines performed flawlessly with ample take-off surge margin throughout the testing.
E3E technology includes: a two-stage shroudless HP turbine incorporating advanced 3D aerodynamics and blade cooling technology; a novel tip clearance control system with advanced ceramic abradable linings to improve turbine efficiency and increase performance retention; a lean burn combustion system; a blisked HP compressor which has successfully demonstrated a 22:1 pressure ratio in only 9 stages, with world-class levels of efficiency and validated surge margin capability; and an innovative air system for bearing load management and improved cooling using novel carbon oil seal and brush-seal air sealing technologies.