It is a suspension consisting of approximately 99% phospholipids and about 1% surfactant-associated proteins, including surfactant protein B.
What does SP-B stand for?
SP-B stands for Surfactant Protein B (gene)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 163 other meanings of SP-B in our Acronym Attic
- Software Practice and Experience (software engineering journal)
- Sensor Processing and I/O Electronics
- Suborbital Projects and Operations Directorate (NASA)
- Strategic Planning and Policy Branch (Canada)
- Salvationist Publishing and Supplies Limited (London, UK)
- Spokane, Portland, and Seattle (railroad)
- Sts. Patrick & Teresa School (Kankakee, IL)
- Spastic Paraplegia Type 1
- Space and Defense Power Systems Program
- Space Reactor Prototype
- Still Picture Blurred Edge Width
- Single-Precision Floating Point
- Special Effects (cinematography)
- Specific Gravity (jet fuel)
- Secretory Protein-I (glycoprotein; aka Chromogranin A)
- Logistics Management Office (US NASA)
- Scalable Polyphony MIDI Specification
- Short-Pulse Quasi-Ray Gaussian Beam
- Spin Polarized-Random Phase Approximation (with) Exchange
- Spin Polarized Scanning Tunneling Microscopy and Spectroscopy
Samples in periodicals archive:
KL-4 is a 21-amino acid peptide with structural similarities to pulmonary surfactant protein B (SP-B), the surfactant protein most important for normal respiratory function.
Seventy-five percent of the infants on at least one occasion had abnormal surfactant function, and diminished amounts of an important component of surfactant, called surfactant protein B.
There are four known surfactant proteins, of these four, surfactant protein B (SP-B) has been found to be the most important and essential to proper respiratory function.
Surfaxin(R) (lucinactant) contains the novel, proprietary peptide sinapultide which was designed to completely mimic the human surfactant protein B (SP-B).
Surfaxin(R) contains the novel, proprietary peptide sinapultide, which was designed to completely mimic the human surfactant protein B (SP-B).
KL4-peptide (sinapultide), a 21 amino acid peptide modeled after human surfactant protein B (SP-B).
Surfaxin(TM) contains the novel, proprietary peptide sinapultide which was designed to completely mimic the human surfactant protein B (SP-B).