The ultrasonically welded two-piece cover sets and 24-pin surface-mount connectors provide both parallel (PATA) and serial (SATA) interfaces required by the new CFA standard and conform to both Type I and Type II of the new specifications.
What does SMC stand for?
SMC stands for Surface-Mount Connector (various companies)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SMC
We have 798 other meanings of SMC in our Acronym Attic
- Supermotard Competition (motorcycle racing)
- SuperMoto Competition
- Supplementary Motor Cortex
- Support Maintenance Company
- Supreme Military Council
- Surat Municipal Corporation (India)
- Surface Missile Controller
- Surface Molecular Contamination
- Surface Mount Component
- Surface Movement Controller (Australia)
- Sussex Model Centre (UK)
- Suzuki Motor Corporation
- Svensk Magisk Cirkel
- Swathanthra Malayalam Computing (India)
- Swedish Medical Center (Washington; Colorado)
- Switching Management Center
- Switching Module Control
- Symbolic Model Checking
- Symmetrix Management Console (software)
- Syndicat Mixte du Cotentin (French: Joint Association of Cotentin; est. 2001)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Advanced microvia technology and surface-mount connectors extend the barrier of telecommunication systems.
Unlike most surface-mount connectors, this device does not require a mating connector or soldering onto a printed circuit board.
Robodyne, for example, has designed cells for complete final assembly of PCMCIA cards--attaching the surface-mount connector to the card and inserting the card/connector into the assembly housing--all on one cell.
primarily in small electrical surface-mount connectors and encapsulated devices, along with some chemical-processing applications and microwave cookware.
Datamate L-Tek and J-Tek horizontal, surface-mount connectors use a new contact system that guarantees co-planarity of mold and contact.
The solution is not to push down the connector during reflow, because the melted solder is not flowing properly around the surface-mount connector pins.
Picolight's cages can now be purchased with its 1 and 2 Gbps serial short-wavelength transceivers or 1 Gbps serial long-wavelength transceivers, and then combined with Samtec's MECT 20-pin surface-mount connectors to create a complete solution that is optimized for all small form factor pluggable (SFP) applications including Fibre Channel, Gigabit Ethernet and SONET.