Quad is dedicated to the design, manufacture, marketing and support of high accuracy surface mount assembly equipment used in the manufacture of printed circuit boards in low to medium volume production environments.
What does SMA stand for?
SMA stands for Surface Mount Assembly
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SMA
We have 590 other meanings of SMA in our Acronym Attic
- Sumitomo Machinery Corporation of America (Sumitomo Heavy Industries; Japan)
- Summer Music Academy (various locations)
- Super Mario Advance (Video game - Gameboy Advance)
- Superior Martial Arts (various locations)
- Superior Mesenteric Artery (upper intestinal artery)
- Supervising Medical Attending (Maryland)
- Supplementary Motor Area
- Supply Management, Army
- Supply Margin Assessment
- Supply Materiel Availability
- Surface Movement Advisor (FAA)
- Susquehanna Malayalee Association (Pennsylvania)
- Swedish Medical Association
- Switching Mode Amplifier
- System Management Agent
- System Management Architecture
- System Management Authority
- System Memory Address (computing)
- System Message Alert
- System Migration Assistant (IBM software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Circuit boards in electronic products are fabricated using a process known as solder reflow or surface mount assembly.
Nasdaq NM: BTUI), the leading supplier of advanced thermal processing equipment for advanced materials processing, semiconductor packaging, and surface mount assembly, today announced the receipt of an order, valued at approximately $2 million, for an integrated manufacturing line for solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) manufacturing.
Amkor's integrated process leverages the company's existing infrastructure for wire bond and surface mount assembly.
HHTA is a worldwide high-technology trading and manufacturing company offering scientific instruments, information systems hardware, electronic components and devices, plus the complete line of Sanyo surface mount assembly systems.
Housed in a miniature Small Outline Integrated Circuit (SOIC) type package, the Series 109 is compatible with surface mount assembly processes and is electrically comparable with other CTS pointing stick devices currently used for cursor control applications by a variety of notebook computer manufacturers.
The flip-chip assembly is an extension of Poly-Flex's proven, high volume, surface mount assembly capability that is specially adapted to handle low cost flexible substrates.
Our investment means we now provide all surface mount assembly services," said, Legacy Electronics President Jason Engle, "including BGA (ball grid array) and automated test services, such as PC 133 and DDR module testing, and high-speed TSOP handlers for component test and characterization.