Hercules, CA 8/14/06; Fremont, CA 8/14/06 -- Bio-Rad Laboratories has agreed to acquire Ciphergen Biosystems' ProteinChip Systems and technology rights to Surface Enhanced Laser Desorption/Ionization (SELDI) technology, including arrays and software, for $20 million in cash.
What does SELDI stand for?
SELDI stands for Surface Enhanced Laser Desorption/Ionization
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SELDI
- Slow in Expressive Language Development (child measurment)
- Specific Expressive Language Delay (learning disabiity)
- Super-Extensive Lymph Node Dissection (gastric cancer)
- Supporting Evidence for Local Delivery (est. 2005; UK)
- Surface Emitting Laser Diode
- Systematic Extended Lymph Node Dissection (cancer)
- Social Education Language & Development Association
- Space Environment Laboratory Data Acquisition and Display System
- Systematic ELement & Database EXtensions
- Southeast European Legal Development Initiative (est. 1999)
- Surface-Enhanced Laser Desorption/Ionization Time-Of-Flight
- Surface-enhanced laser desorption-ionization affinity mass spectrometry
- Shielded Enclosure Leak Detection System (electromagnetics)
- Selectin E
- Southeast Law Enforcement Alliance Project
- Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial
- Special Education Learning Experiences for Competency in Teaching (Arizona)
- Supporting Electronic Learning and Essential Campus Transitions (Louisiana Board of Regents)
- Safety of Estrogens in Lupus Erythematosus National Assessment (study)
- Selenological and Engineering Explorer
Samples in periodicals archive:
At the core of its offering is the ProteinChip(R) System which uses mass spectrometry and patented Surface Enhanced Laser Desorption/Ionization technology (SELDI) for protein research and drug discovery.
About Ciphergen's Technology The technology used by the Virginia Prostate Center for the NCI grant is based on biochip-based Surface Enhanced Laser Desorption/Ionization Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry (SELDI-TOF-MS).
ProteinChip surface enhanced laser desorption/ionization (SELDI) mass spectrometry: a novel protein biochip technology for detection of prostate cancer biomarkers in complex protein mixtures.
ProteinChip surface enhanced laser desorption/ionization (SELDI) mass spectrometry: a novel protein biochip technology for detection of prostate cancer biomarker in complex protein mixtures.