Al-Maliki chairs the Islamic Dawa Party - the main partner with the Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council in the Shiite United Iraqi Alliance which came to power after the legislative elections of 2010, while Al-Mutlaq is a leading member of the Iraqiya List, an umbrella of secular parties led by former prime minister Ayad Allawi.
What does SIIC stand for?
SIIC stands for Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council (Iraq)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SIIC
We have 14 other meanings of SIIC in our Acronym Attic
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business (Pune, India)
- Syria International Islamic Bank
- Saudi International Innovation Conference
- See If I Care
- Sequential Iterative Interference Cancellation
- Serious Injury/Illness Case
- Sociedad Iberoamericana de Información Científica
- Sociétés d'Investissements Immobiliers Cotées (Les Echos, French paper)
- Special Interest Item Code
- Standard International Industrial Classification
- Swiss Institute for Interdisciplinary Conflict Research
- Società italiana Immunologia, Immunologia Clinica e Allergologia (Italy)
- Special Inquiries and Intelligence Division (US IRS)
- Swedish Institute of Infectious Disease Control
- Services Interior Intrusion Detection System (alarm monitor)
- Simposio Internacional de Informática Educativa (Spanish)
- Syndicat des Infirmières et Infirmiers de l'Est du Québec (French)
- Science & Innovation Investment Framework (UK)
- Seoul International Invention Fair
- Shanghai International Industry Fair (Shanghai, China)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Talabani spokesman Naseer al-Ani said Abdul-Mahdi was encouraged by the Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council party leaders to step down and save the cash-strapped government the cost of his annual salary of $108,000.
Maleki's SoL is negotiating an alliance with Hakim's Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council (SIIC), a Shi'ite party with a smaller bloc of seatsin the 325-member Council of Representatives (parliament) than that of the Sadrists; the Kurdistan Alliance (KA), which is closer to the SIIC than the Sadrists; a Sunni Arab faction breaking away from al-Iraqiya of Allawi; and a few independents.
Ammar Hakim, head of the Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council (ISCI), said his party, with strong ties to Iran, was open to an alliance with Allawi s cross-sectarian Iraqiya list.
Local government leaders in Basra affiliated with Dawa and the other main Shi'ite blocs, the Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council (ISCI) and anti-American cleric Moqtada Al Sadr's movement, made similar vows at a rally to purge the city of Baath sympathisers.
It should be noted that President al-Assad met with Leader of Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council Ammar al-Hakim on December 17th.
In a meeting with the Leader of the Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council (SIIC) Ammar Hakim in Tehran, Rafsanjani said Iran has always been ready to help Iraq's reconstruction.
A funeral for Abdel-Aziz al-Hakim, who headed the Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council (ISCI), was to be held in Baghdad Friday after his body is returned from Iran, where he died Wednesday while being treated for lung cancer, said Jalal al-Din al-Sagheer.