Supreme Iraqi Criminal Tribunal sentenced Hashimi and his Office Manager Ahmed Qahtan to death on Sunday, September 9, 2012.
What does SICT stand for?
SICT stands for Supreme Iraqi Criminal Tribunal
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SICT
We have 4 other meanings of SICT in our Acronym Attic
- Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Anti-Semitism
- Scottish Intensive Care Society Audit Group (UK)
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (Pune, Maharashtra, India)
- System Integrity Control/Status Register (computing)
- School of Information and Communications Technology
- Seepage Induced Consolidation Test
- Single Intradermal Cervical Tuberculin (microbiology)
- Site Instructor Certification Training
- Society of Information and Computer Technology
- Submissive Introverted Concrete Thinker (Jung personality type indicator)
- Sea Isle City Taxpayers Association (Sea Isle City, NJ)
- Sistema de Integracion Centroamericana de Tecnologia Agricola (Central America)
- Sistemi Innovativi per Il Controllo del Traffico Aereo (Italian: Innovative Systems for the Air Traffic Control)
- Standard International Classification of Tourism Activities (World Trade Organization)
- Swiss Information and Communications Technology Association (Switzerland)
- Southern Indiana Career & Technical Center (Evansville)
- Stent in Chronic Total Occlusion (coronary artery blockage)
- Shut-In Coiled Tubing Pressure
- Single Intradermal Comparative Tuberculin Test
- Second International Congress on Tools for Teaching Logic
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition to criticizing the use of the death penalty in a statement published on Monday, the London-based rights watchdog voiced concern over the fairness of trials under the presiding court, the Supreme Iraqi Criminal Tribunal, arguing it "has been subject to repeated political interference.
Amnesty International-based rights watchdog voiced concern over the fairness of trials under the presiding court, the Supreme Iraqi Criminal Tribunal, arguing it "has been subject to repeated political interference.
The Iraqi High Tribunal In December 2003 the Iraqi Governing Council created the Iraqi High Tribunal (IHT)--originally known as the Supreme Iraqi Criminal Tribunal (SICT), then the Iraqi Special Tribunal (IST)--through a delegation of authority by the Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA).
Along with former president Saddam Hussein, they had been sentenced to death on November 5, 2006 after an unfair trial before the Supreme Iraqi Criminal Tribunal (SICT).
Yet, the Supreme Iraqi Criminal Tribunal ("Iraqi Tribunal") addressed a number of important legal issues during the Dujail trial.
Trying these numerous war crimes is obviously beyond the capability of the Supreme Iraqi Criminal Tribunal.
The Supreme Iraqi Criminal Tribunal (SICT) was set up to try former members of Saddam's rule.