June 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Supreme Court of Minnesota has dismissed the State of Minnesota's appeal from a lower appellate court decision favorable to Final Exit Network in defense of charges against its volunteers.
What does SCOMN stand for?
SCOMN stands for Supreme Court of Minnesota
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Special Service, Communications Duties (US Navy)
- Supply Chain and Operations Management (education)
- Sweet Child O' Mine (Guns N' Roses song)
- System Center Operations Manager (Microsoft)
- Scientific Computing and Optimization in Multidisciplinary Applications (Finland)
- Shipping Control Office, Marianas (US Navy)
- Scientific Computer Operations, Maintenance And Communications
- South Central Ohio Minority Business Council
- Standing Committee on Medical Education (IFMSA)
- Special Chemicals, Organisms, Materials, Equipment and Technologies (import export regulations)
- Software Component Management Object (Open Mobile Alliance)
- Secure Communications Processor
- South Carolina Osteopathic Medical Society
- Suffolk Computer Services (UK)
- South Central Ohio Minority Supplier Development Council
- Samaritan College of Nursing (Grand Canyon University; Phoenix, AZ)
- Scheme Contracted-Out Number (UK)
- Serial Port Control Register (Intel 8051 Microcontroller)
- Server CONsolidation
- Sporting Clubs of Niagara (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
2011) (EPM I) the Supreme Court of Minnesota concluded the tax court's nearly verbatim adoption of the county's proposed value determinations, which were significantly higher than either party's appraisal opinions and reflected mathematical errors, suggested the tax court failed to exercise its own judgment EPM I was remanded to the tax court with instructions to explain its reasoning.
There was a video presentation by Justice Anderson, Associate Justice, Supreme Court of Minnesota, USA, which dealt in details steps for court management and clearing the backlog of cases.
The Court should grant a writ of certiorari, reverse the decision of the Supreme Court of Minnesota, and order the counties to refund the taxes they unlawfully collected from the Petitioners.
Hours after Bjorkman's opinion was released, the Dakota County prosecutor, County Attorney James Backstrom, announced in a press release that he will appeal the Court of Appeals of Minnesota's ruling to the Supreme Court of Minnesota.
As such, the court affirmed the district court's use of the county assessor's valuation of the properties, while also reminding the parties that the Supreme Court of Minnesota once observed that real estate appraisal "is at best an imprecise art.
COURT'S OPINION: The Supreme Court of Minnesota, reversing the lower court, held that the District Court properly granted the patient's motion for a new trial.
Paul,(20) the Supreme Court of Minnesota refused to make a bright-line rule prohibiting warrantless police entries into homes for offenses of less magnitude than a felony.