In the book, he has highlighted his trial in the TADA Court at Jammu and the appeal decided by the Supreme Court of India whereby he was given life imprisonment," the statement added.
What does SCOI stand for?
SCOI stands for Supreme Court of India
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SCOI
We have 2 other meanings of SCOI in our Acronym Attic
- Stockholm Centre on Health of Societies in Transition (Sweden)
- Senate Committee on Housing Policy (university housing)
- Selective Catalytic Oxidation of Hydrogen Sulfide
- South Carolina Office of Highway Safety
- South Cumbria Occupational Health and Safety Group (UK)
- Standing Committee on Highway Traffic Safety
- Southern California Orthopedic Institute
- Springvale Community Outreach Initiative (UK)
- Standing Committee on Observation and Inspection (Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources)
- Study Club of Oral Implantology (United Arab Emirates)
- System of Control and Operation for the IRMA antenna
- State Cereal and Oil Information Center (China)
- South Carolina Occupational Information Coordinating Committee (career planning; Pendleton, SC)
- South Carolina Occupational Information System
- Special Committee on Joint Development (software development; American Association of State Highway and Transportation)
- Sarbanes Cooperative Oxford Laboratory (Maryland)
- SIGINT Combined Operating List
- Ski Club of Lockport (New York)
- Sociale Competentie Observatie Lijst (Dutch: Social Competence Observation List; Netherlands)
- Special Coordinator for Lebanon (UN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Delegates from many other countries will also attend the Conference which includes the Chief Justice of Afghanistan, Deputy Chief Justice of the Supreme Constitutional Court of Egypt, judge Supreme Court of India, Judges of Supreme Court of libya and Iran, Judge High Court of Bhutan, and intellectuals, and eminent jurists from the UK, Iran, Afghanistan and India.
Addressing the concern of a member of the audience on dispute resolution procedures in the context of the cases such as UAE's Etisalat license in India being cancelled by the Supreme Court of India and the company withdrawing, the minister said that while such instances are commercial in nature and are "rare", but "I wish commercial disputes were resolved quicker.
Mushahid Hussain Sayed- chairman of Senate Committee on Defence and Defence Production and Secretary General of Pakistan Muslim League- Quaid (PML-Q)- said that even the Supreme Court of India in its judgment of August 5, 2005 on Guru had made it clear that it was awarding the death sentence "because the collective conscience of society will only be satisfied if capital punishment is awarded", reports The Nation.
The company, which is also the owner of London's Grosvenor House and New York's Plaza hotels, could lose some of its assets and have some assets frozen after the Supreme Court of India ordered the country's securities regulator to take action against the company for market rule violations.
He was elevated as Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court on March 01, 2005 and was made a judge of the Supreme Court of India on September 09, 2005.
| NEW DELHI, Aug 29 (KUNA) -- The Supreme Court of India on Wednesday rejected the plea of Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab, who was involved in 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, and upheld his death sentence.
Summary: ABU DHABI -- Emirates Telecommunication Corporation, or etisalat, has filed civil case against its local joint venture partners in Etisalat DB Telecom Ltd, whose licence was terminated along with other 121 firms by the Supreme Court of India, last month.