The United States and the Department of Defense, in particular, look forward to continuing a very close relationship with the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces .
What does SCAF stand for?
SCAF stands for Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (Egypt)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SCAF
We have 24 other meanings of SCAF in our Acronym Attic
- Seed Capital Assistance Facility (UN Environment Programme)
- Self-Consistent Anisotropic Field
- Service Control Agent Function
- Societe Centrale d'Aviculture de France
- Solar City Air Filtre (air pollution)
- St. Croix Animal Friends (Hudson, WI)
- Standing Committee on Administration and Finance (Indian Ocean Trade Commission)
- Stanwood-Camano Area Foundation (Puget Sound, WA)
- Stockholm Cohort-Study of Atrial Fibrillation (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation (heart health; Wexford, PA)
- Surrey Countryside Access Forum (UK)
- Switched Capacitor Filter (integrated circuits)
- Système de Combat Aérien Futur (French: Future Military Combat Aircraft)
- Soil Conservation and Agro Forestry Extension
- Sonoma County Academic Foundation for Excellence in Medicine (California)
- Scanning Fast Field Program
- Smart Card Forum of India
- Southern California Association of Fingerprint Officers
- Sagarmatha Community Agro-Forestry Project (Nepal)
- South Carolina Academy of Family Physicians (Laurens, SC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In Egypt, the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces has recently taken steps to consolidate its position of power, a move opposed by other political groups.
The Supreme Council of the Armed Forces has kept its promise that it would not be an alternative to the people's will," he told his audience, who included the head of the council Field Marshal Hussain Tantawi.
Summary: Abu Dhabi - President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan sent today condolence cable to Field Marshal Mohammed Hussein Tantawi, Chairman of the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces of Egypt, Egyptian people and Coptic sect, on the death of His Holiness Pope Shenouda III of Alexandria and Patriarch of the See of Saint Mark.
Delivering the invitation, to Egypt's Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces and Deputy Head of the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces Sami Annan, was Iraq's State Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Safaeddine Al-Safi.
Summary: The Facebook page of the Kazeboon (Liars) Campaign, which targets the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces and seeks to expose lies propogated by the military, has posted what they allege is an official document in which the wife of the SCAF's deputy head implies that state employees who refuse to donate a portion of their salary to a fund supporting the Egyptian economy will be punished.
Tents were still pitched in the centre of the square, where dozens of protesters gathered ahead of demonstrations to demand the ouster of the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF) now ruling the country.
But the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF), which took power after the popular uprising toppled Mubarak in February, has faced growing outrage at its heavy-handed tactics against demonstrators.