Major parties taking part in the National Iraqi Alliance for the 2010 elections include the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq, Badr Organization, Islamic Dawa Party and Islamic Virtue Party.
What does SCIR stand for?
SCIR stands for Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution (Iraq; Shiite political party)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SCIR
We have 12 other meanings of SCIR in our Acronym Attic
- Strategies for Creating Inclusive Programmes of Study (UK)
- Sustainable Control of Internal Parasites of Sheep (Australia)
- Second-order Closure Integrated PUFF
- Science Curriculum Implementation Questionnaire
- Schwab Center for Investment Research
- Single Cell Infrared Spectroscopy
- Software Configuration Index Record
- South Central Iowa Realty (Mount Ayr, IA)
- Southern California International Review (School of International Relations; University of Southern California)
- Subsystem Capability Impact Reporting
- Snipe Class International Racing Association
- Southern California Intermountain Repeater Association
- Stable Carbon Isotope Ratio Analysis
- San Clemente Island Range Complex (California)
- Self Contained Internet Remote Camera
- Southern California Institute for Research and Education
- Spinal Cord Injury Research Fund (South Carolina)
- Supreme Council for Islamic Revolution In Iraq
- Stung Chinit Irrigation and Rural Infrastructure Project (Cambodia)
- Steam Catapult Inspection & Repair Management Information System
Samples in periodicals archive:
In Baghdad, Mohsen AlHakim, a deputy to the head of the Supreme Iraqi Islamic Council, the Shia political party previously known as the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq (SCIRI), announced that Camp Ashraf had been renamed Camp of New Iraq.
The Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council (SIIC) (previously known as Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq (SCIRI)) is an Iraqi political party.
Iran, which is already assisting various Shiite parties (especially the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq), would continue to do so.
Iranian interference" is coded language for Abdul Aziz al-Hakim and his party, the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution, which is Bush's strongest ally in Baghdad.
The Badr Brigades (the militia of the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq), which are killing U.
The Badr Corps--the military arm of the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq (SCIRI for short), the country's most powerful Shiite political group--has launched a campaign of "sexual cleansing," marshaling death squads to exterminate homosexuality.
Maliki and the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq, a Shiite party that just happens to operate one of those militias.