Douglas MacArthur was ranked as high as Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers in Japan as the United States sought to rebuild the country following the war, effectively leading the country from 1945 until 1948.
What does SCAP stand for?
SCAP stands for Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers (allied organization occupying Japan after WII)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SCAP
We have 58 other meanings of SCAP in our Acronym Attic
- Sporting Clays Association of the Philippines
- SREBP Cleavage Activating Protein
- Standard Computerized Airplane Performance
- Standardised Computerised Aircraft Performance (International Air Transport Association)
- Strategic Communications Assessment Program
- Sunday Celebrations in the Absence of a Priest (USCCB)
- Superfund Compliance Accomplishments Plan
- Superfund Comprehensive Accomplishments Plan (US EPA)
- Superfund Consolidated Accomplishments Plan (US EPA)
- Supervisory Capital Assessment Program (US Federal Reserve)
- syringocystadenoma papilliferum
- School of Creative and Performing Arts (various locations)
- South Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants (Lexington, SC)
- South Carolina Asphalt Pavement Association (Columbia, SC)
- Study of Community Acquired Pneumonia Aetiology
- Subcommittee on Consequence Assessment and Protective Actions
- Sumter Citizens Against Polluting the Aquifer
- Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals in Business
- Spokane County Air Pollution Control Authority
- Siskiyou County Air Pollution Control District (Yreka, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In a letter to Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers Gen.
As a civilian aide to the supreme commander of the Allied Powers, Gen.