Introduction Supravalvular aortic stenosis (SAS) was first described by Mencarelli in 1930 (1).
What does SVAS stand for?
SVAS stands for Supravalvular Aortic Stenosis
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SVAS
We have 5 other meanings of SVAS in our Acronym Attic
- Sandusky Valley Amateur Radio Club (Fremont, Ohio)
- Susquehanna Valley Amateur Radio Club (Pennsylvania)
- Swedish Veterinary Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring (scientific study)
- Sacramento Valley Astronomical Society (California)
- Segmented Visual Analogue Scale (lithium studies)
- Shuttleworth Veteran Aeroplane Society (UK)
- Silicon Valley Aquarium Society (California)
- Skeletal Variant Assay System
- Sun Valley Adaptive Sports (Ketchum, ID)
- Sun Valley Animal Shelter (Glendale, AZ)
- Silicon Valley Association of Software Entrepreneurs
- Silicon Valley Association of Startup Enterpreneurs (South San Francisco, CA)
- Senior Victim Assistance Team (Colorado)
- Soil-Vegetation-Atmosphere Transfer model
- Synaptic Vesicle Amine Transporter (biochemistry)
- System Verification and Acceptance Test(ing)
- Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
- Sensor-Network-Based Vehicle Anti-Theft System
- Soil-Vegetation-Atmosphere Transfer Scheme (hydrology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Supravalvular aortic stenosis in association with mental retardation and a certain facial appearance.
We report two cases demonstrating supravalvular aortic stenosis (a common feature of Williams syndrome) and coarctation of the aorta on computed tomography (CT) aortogram.
Williams syndrome (WS) is a rare multisystemic disorder caused by a microdeletion of chromosome 7 and is associated with dysmorphic facial features, supravalvular aortic stenosis (SVS) and other cardiovascular diseases, mental retardation, infantile hypercalciemia, and growth deficiency.