Greece turned to Iran as a supplier of last resort last year despite pressure from Washington and Brussels to end trade as part of a campaign against Tehran's nuclear program.
What does SOLR stand for?
SOLR stands for Supplier of Last Resort
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SOLR
We have 3 other meanings of SOLR in our Acronym Attic
- Seattle Obstructive Lung Disease Questionnaire
- State Online Query (verification interface; US SSA)
- Searching On Lucene w/Replication (HTTP based search application)
- Shareable Online Learning Resources (British Columbia Campus; Canada)
- Short-Open-Load Reciprocal
- Solution Reconstituted (medical classification)
- Sons of Liberty Riders (motorcyclists; Latrobe, PA)
- Sprint On-Line Reference (system)
- Square Open-Loop Resonator (electrical engineering)
- Student Organization Leadership Retreat (various schools)
- Solar Radiation Measurements
- Solar Radiation Satellite
- Silverton Outdoor Learning and Recreation Center (Colorado)
- Southern Ontario Locomotive Restoration Society (Canada)
- Special Operations Logistics Readiness Squadron (US Air Force)
- School of Life Sciences
- Section Officers Leadership Seminar (SAE)
- Selective Orthogonal Least-Square
- Solomon Islands
Samples in periodicals archive:
Greece turned to Iran as a supplier of last resort last year despite pressure from Washington and Brussels to end trade as part of a campaign against Tehran's nuclear programme that the West says is for arms and Iran says is for energy.
Unless it can develop renewables, Saudi Arabia could find itself with nothing to finance the national budget and with no spare capacity to be the world's supplier of last resort -- a role that has long cemented its relationship with the biggest oil user the US.
With storage facilities swelled to bursting and more supply coming from nearby Canada and Brazil, there is less need for Saudi Arabia to act as a supplier of last resort in Western markets - but potentially more reason in the East, where local supply is dwindling while consumption gallops ahead.
The collapse caused Ofgem to launch a supplier of last resort process for E4B's customers.
As "the supplier of last resort for dictators and human rights abusers," China is also a major weapons exporter to Zimbabwe, Myanmar and rebel groups in Congo, the report said.
The company announced the price guarantee after Connecticut Light & Power filed for a rate increase of nearly 19 percent for those customers with greater than 500 kilowatt (kW) maximum monthly demand (referred to as Supplier of Last Resort or "SOLR" customers).
If true, this is bad news, because the Saudis have more than 30 percent of the world's reserves and have served as the world's supplier of last resort for a couple of decades.