1 include enhanced allocation performance and bulk picking to optimize productivity and throughput, extended support for GS1 standards, and enhanced supplier managed inventory capabilities to handle the transfer of inventory ownership.
What does SMI stand for?
SMI stands for Supplier Managed Inventory (supply chain management)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SMI
We have 392 other meanings of SMI in our Acronym Attic
- Structure of Management Information
- Structured Management Information
- Structured Materials Industries, Inc.
- Student Medical Insurance
- Subsystem Multiplicity Indicator (SS7 SCCP)
- Success Motivation International (Waco, TX)
- Sudden Money Institute
- Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Supplemental Medical Insurance (US Medicare Part B)
- Supplementary Medical Insurance
- Supply Management Inspection
- Sur-Mesure Industriel (French: On-Industrial Measurement; consulting firm; est. 1991)
- Surface Measuring Instrument
- Surface Minimum d'Installation (French: Minimum Installation Area; farming)
- Sustainable Minerals Institute (Brisbane, Australia)
- Swiss Market Index (trademark of SWX Swiss Exchange)
- Swiss Meteorological Institute
- Symbolic Music Information (computer programming)
- System Management Interrupts
- System Monitoring Interface
Samples in periodicals archive:
FGS offers one of the most extensive portfolios of post-manufacturing services in the world, including distribution and supplier managed inventory, reverse logistics and repair, product transformation and service part logistics.
The customer focus at Advanced Web has evolved into the creation of a strong IT department and investment in a supplier managed inventory (SMI) program.
Depending on the user needs, the tool includes four service solutions ranging from centralized supplier managed inventory programs to on-site consignment, in-plant store and proximity warehousing solutions executed within region or across the globe.
The Crossgate service extensions allow companies to quickly respond to upcoming business demands to integrate a new supplier or replace an existing trading partner for scenarios such as multi location visibility, forecast collaboration, supplier managed inventory or production progress reporting, without costly and labor-intensive change management or time and material integration projects.
Cooper Standard Automotive expects to realize additional benefits with order fulfillment processes by using additional SupplyWEB modules including eKanban, Supplier Managed Inventory, and Supplier Metrics.
Capabilities like permission-based inventory visibility, adaptive fulfillment, exceptions management, multi-warehouse inventory planning and distribution are especially well suited for companies and their 3PL providers who need to support supplier managed inventory or pull-based customer replenishment.
announced today that it has entered into a Supplier Managed Inventory (SMI) agreement with Select Comfort Corporation .