2012 Annual Report of the Board of Trustees of the Federal Hospital Insurance and Federal Supplementary Medical Insurance Trust Funds.
What does SMI stand for?
SMI stands for Supplementary Medical Insurance
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SMI
We have 392 other meanings of SMI in our Acronym Attic
- Structure Model Index (bone mass)
- Structure of Management Information
- Structured Management Information
- Structured Materials Industries, Inc.
- Student Medical Insurance
- Subsystem Multiplicity Indicator (SS7 SCCP)
- Success Motivation International (Waco, TX)
- Sudden Money Institute
- Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Supplemental Medical Insurance (US Medicare Part B)
- Supplier Managed Inventory (supply chain management)
- Supply Management Inspection
- Sur-Mesure Industriel (French: On-Industrial Measurement; consulting firm; est. 1991)
- Surface Measuring Instrument
- Surface Minimum d'Installation (French: Minimum Installation Area; farming)
- Sustainable Minerals Institute (Brisbane, Australia)
- Swiss Market Index (trademark of SWX Swiss Exchange)
- Swiss Meteorological Institute
- Symbolic Music Information (computer programming)
- System Management Interrupts
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 2012 Annual Report of the Boards of Trustees of the Federal Hospital Insurance and Federal Supplementary Medical Insurance Trust Funds (the Medicare Trustees Report) was released April 23.
As the Medicare Trustees noted in their 2011 report, however, the most recent, and relatively optimistic, Medicare cost projections hinge on the success of reductions in "physician fees" and "price increases for other health services" (Board of Trustees of the Federal Hospital Insurance and Federal Supplementary Medical Insurance Trust Funds [Board of Trustees], 2011, p.
A Medicare Trustees annual report found both the Medicare Hospital Insurance Trust Fund and the Supplementary Medical Insurance Trust Fund expenditures are growing faster than the rest of the U.
With costs going up, governments are forced to cut benefits, and employers are under pressure to fill the gap by offering supplementary medical insurance, "Wiening said in an e-mail interview.
Beginning January 1, 2007, the premiums for the Medicare Part B Supplementary Medical Insurance program will be based on income, which will raise the premiums for approximately 1.
In 2005 Annual Report of the Boards of Trustees of the Federal Hospital Insurance and Federal Supplementary Medical Insurance Trust Funds, March 23, 2005:30.
Medicare is composed of two trust funds: the Hospital Insurance Trust Fund, which provides reimbursement for qualified inpatient hospital and related care, and the Supplementary Medical Insurance Trust Fund, which pays for physician and outpatient services and will cover prescription benefits beginning in 2006.