13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Aerojet, a GenCorp (NYSE: GY) company, announced today that its Supersonic Sea-Skimming Target (SSST) ramjet propulsion system successfully completed the first flight test of the Coyote High Diver variant supersonic target mission.
What does SST stand for?
SST stands for Supersonic Target
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SST
We have 473 other meanings of SST in our Acronym Attic
- Subscriber-Transferred Signal
- Subsystem Status Test (ANSI)
- Sum of Squares for Treatments (statistics)
- Sum of Squares Total
- Summer School Teacher
- Summer Swim Team (various organizations)
- Sunday Star-Times (New Zealand newspaper)
- Super Serial Technology
- Super Sports Touring (AMC cars)
- Superconductor Science and Technology (journal)
- Supersonic Transport
- Supervisor Safety Training
- Supply and Service Team (defense industry)
- Surface Science Technique
- Surface Skin Temperature
- Surgical/Scrub Technician
- Sustained Stewardship TeraFLOP
- Sustained Stockpile TeraFLOP
- Sweet Smelling Toilet (campground pit latrines and outhouses)
- Switch System Testing (Sprint)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The developing maturity of the aircraft will be further demonstrated through the planned forthcoming guided firings, which include a launch against a jamming supersonic target, a shot using tracking data from a second Typhoon through the MIDS (Multifunctional Information Distribution System) data-link, and a twin firing against two targets.
Ships can shoot down even multiple, sea- skimming supersonic targets that are at or beyond the horizon.
Navy, including the Standard Missile and Tactical Tomahawk motors and the Coyote Supersonic Target ramjet engine.
Orbital also produces the new Coyote sea-skimming supersonic target vehicle for the U.
The SM-2s -- in block III, IIIA and IIIB variants -- were fired against subsonic and supersonic targets in various configurations and in a littoral environment.
The first phase of DT was conducted July 6 - - 12, 1994 and consisted of a series of firings against challenging subsonic and supersonic targets in both benign and severe electronic countermeasures (ECM) -- or jamming -- environments.