The superior glenohumeral ligament (SGHL) functions primarily to resist inferior translation and external rotation of the humeral head in the adducted arm.
What does SGHL stand for?
SGHL stands for Superior Glenohumeral Ligament (orthopedics)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SGHL
We have 1 other meaning of SGHL in our Acronym Attic
- Snow Goose Hepatitis B Virus
- S.W. General Health Center (Middleburg Heights, OH)
- Scottish Government Health Directorates
- Syrian Golden Hamster Fetal Lung
- Saudi German Hospitals Group
- Southeastern Geriatric Healthcare Group (Georgia)
- Sprinkles Global Health Initiative
- Stichting Garantiefonds Habitat International (Dutch: Habitat International Foundation Fund; Netherlands Development Bank)
- Spotting Group the Hillkillers (Dutch aircraft spotters association)
- Swiss-Garden Hotel Kuala Lumpur (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Swansea Girls Hockey League (UK)
- St George's Hospital Medical School
- Steel Guitar Hall of Fame, Inc.
- South Georgia History Project (Lenox, GA)
- San Gorgonio High School (San Bernardino, CA)
- South Gate High School (South Gate, CA)
- South Gwinnett High School (Snellville, Georgia)
- Southland Girls' High School (New Zealand)
- St. Gertrude High School (Richmond, VA)
- Sydney Girls High School (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Other findings in this case included partial tear of the supraspinatus tendon and superior glenohumeral ligament (not shown).
Arthroscopic findings consistent with rotator interval tears are capsular redundancy between the supraspinatus and subscapularis, biceps tendon fraying, superior glenohumeral ligament tears, and fraying of the superior border of the subscapularis.