Chinese scientists extracted lipid from sea urchin (Strongylocentrotus nudus) gonad, using an enzyme-assisted aqueous technique and supercritical carbon dioxide.
What does scCO2 stand for?
scCO2 stands for Supercritical Carbon Dioxide (extraction)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Sports Car Club of New Hampshire
- Sprint Car Club of New Mexico
- Switching Control Center Network Management System
- Sports Car Club of New Zealand
- Security Classification Control Officer
- Silver Cost of Crude Oil (financial term)
- Soret Coefficient in Crude Oil (experiment)
- Southern California College of Optometry (Fullerton, CA)
- Superconducting Cavity Oscillator
- Supreme Court Costs Office (UK)
- Somervell County Committee on Aging (Texas)
- South Carolina Campground Owners Association (Irmo, SC)
- Suffolk County Correction Officers Association (New York)
- Super Coupe Club of America (www.sccoa.com)
- Système de Commandement et de Conduite des Opérations Aériennes (French: Command System and Conduct of Air Operations)
- Système de Commandement et de Conduite des Opérations Aérospatiales (French: Command System and Conduct of Aerospace Operations)
- Somerset County Coalition on Affordable Housing (Raritan, NJ)
- Standing Conference of the Canonical Orthodox Bishops in the Americas
- Sea Combat Commander Operations Center (Japan)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Oral Cavity
Samples in periodicals archive:
It has now taken a crucial step towards developing the wider use of sustainable green solvents, such as supercritical carbon dioxide, which in the future could replace conventional solvents used by the chemical industry, such as acetone, hexane and dichloromethane.
Most of the major disadvantages of conventional extraction techniques are avoided if supercritical carbon dioxide is used as an extraction solvent.
Currently the most popular means of caffeine extraction are achieved by organic chemical solvents, supercritical carbon dioxide and water decaffeination.
Authors discuss topics including critical property data, the use of supercritical fluids as alternatives in problematic petrochemical separations, the use of supercritical carbon dioxide as a environmentally 'green' reagent, advances in polymer synthesis with supercritical fluids, and their role in processing prebiotic carbohydrates in the field of nutrition.
Schreiber, R, Reinke, B, Vogt, C, "High-pressure Fluidized Bed Coating Utilizing Supercritical Carbon Dioxide.
s Correlation Based on their experimental data on gas cooling of supercritical carbon dioxide in multiport minichannels, Huai et al.
By qualifying our suppliers and screening our raw materials, through the use of supercritical carbon dioxide extraction technology and through our superior quality management, we are uniquely positioned to deliver the astaxanthin products required by world markets," said Dr.