Research objectives and content The objectives of the project are: (1) Optimisation of High Temperature Semiconductors (HTS) dc- Superconducting Quantum Interference Devices (SQUIDs) device structures by submicron photolithography and ion beam etching in order to tune the critical current and enhance the dynamic resistance for application of APF.
What does SQUID stand for?
SQUID stands for Superconducting Quantum Interference Device
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SQUID
We have 5 other meanings of SQUID in our Acronym Attic
- Spatial Query Language
- Software Quality Environment & Measurement
- Seismic Qualification Utility Group
- Sultan Qaboos University Hospital (Oman)
- Software Quality in the Development Process
- Standard Quick-release Universal Interface Device
- Stop-Question-Understand-Imagine-Decide (mnemonic)
- Stupidly Quick, Underdressed and Imminently Dead (motorcycle Slang)
- Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous (motorcycle Slang)
- Super Quick Until I Die (motorcycling slang)
- Swimming Queers United in Denver
- Stormwater Quality Urban Impact Mitigation Plan
- Super Quiet Uninterrupted Independent Reading Time
- Sustained Quiet Uninterrupted Independent Reading Time
- Sustained Quiet Uninterrupted Reading Time
- Seismic Qualification Reporting & Testing Standardization
- Small Quantity Universal Waste Handler
- Sediment Quality value
- Site Quality Verification
- Sports Q-tility Vehicle (custom golf carts)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The company's MCG system is enabled through the use of an array of Superconducting Quantum Interference Devices (SQUIDS) and has received FDA clearance, the CE Mark for Europe and approved for sale in Russia and China.
The amount of' iron in each patient's liver was measured noninvasively using a superconducting quantum interference device.
The technology uses Superconducting Quantum Interference Devices (SQUIDs) and non-toxic iron oxide nanoparticles to find and measure cancer and to develop new biomarkers for targeting specific cancers.
The Company's MCG system is enabled through the use of an array of Superconducting Quantum Interference Devices (SQUIDS) and has received FDA clearance, the CE Mark for Europe and approved for sale in Russia and China.
In this research paper, the scientists show that a magnetic field-pulsed microwave transmission line containing an array of superconducting quantum interference devices, or SQUIDs, not only reproduces physics analogous to that of a radiating black hole, but does so in a system where the high energy and quantum mechanical properties are well understood and can be directly controlled in the laboratory.
Extraordinarily sensitive to changes in electromagnetic fields, such junctions lie at the heart of SQUIDs, superconducting quantum interference devices used for mapping tiny variations in magnetic fields, whether in geological formations or in the human brain.
New research published in BioMed Central's open access journal Breast Cancer Research has highlighted a new and more sensitive method using tumor-targeted magnetic nanoprobes and superconducting quantum interference device (SQUID) sensors, the core of Senior Scientific's technology.