Earlier reports said the rocket was to put the communications satellite in super-synchronous transfer orbit at an altitude of 65,000 kilometers.
What does SSTO stand for?
SSTO stands for Super-Synchronous Transfer Orbit
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SSTO
We have 7 other meanings of SSTO in our Acronym Attic
- Space Station Training and Mockup Facility
- Surgical Simulation and Training Markup Language (extensible markup language; medical stimulation)
- Swiss Society of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology
- Scottish Science and Technology Network (UK)
- Species and Specimen Thematic Network (Inter-American Biodiversity Information Network)
- Spencer Stuart Talent Network (recruiting)
- State Support Team Network (Council of Chief State School Officers; Washington, DC)
- Sociology of Science and Technology Network
- Secondary School Teachers Organization (Israel)
- Single-Stage-to-Orbit (space flight)
- Super Short Take-Off and Landing
- Scenario Structural Torpedo Operational Requirements Model
- Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (Microsoft)
- Shared Spanning-Tree Protocol (Cisco)
- Short Sweet and to the Point
- Simple Symmetric Transmission Protocol (peer-to-peer communications protocol; Groove Networks, Inc.)
- Space Systems Technical Panel (IEEE)
- State Simplification Tax Project (proposed sales tax program)
- Streamlined Sales Tax Project (multi-state project to collect sales taxes on Internet purchases)
- Student Science Training Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
ILS Proton Successfully Launches SES-6 for SES International Launch Services (ILS) successfully placed the SES-6 satellite into a super-synchronous transfer orbit (SSTO) today, for SES of Luxembourg.
19 /PRNewswire/ -- On October 19, Arianespace launched the Orion 2 digital TV satellite for Loral Orion, a subsidiary of Loral Space & Communications, placing the payload into an accurate super-synchronous transfer orbit.