Nam Tai" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that it has received new orders from a leading Japanese manufacturer of wireless communications devices to manufacture Color Super Twisted Nematic ("CSTN") LCD modules for its cordless phones.
What does STN stand for?
STN stands for Super Twisted Nematic
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of STN
We have 116 other meanings of STN in our Acronym Attic
- State Task Network
- State Tax Notes
- Stay the Night
- Stichting Taijiquan Nederland (Dutch martial arts foundation)
- Student Television Network (Carlsbad, CA)
- Sub-Thalamic Nucleus
- Submission Tracking Number (US FDA)
- Sungard Transaction Network
- Super Travel Net (Finland)
- Sustainable Transport Network (various organizations)
- Switched Telephone Network
- Synchronous Transmission Network
- System Track Number
- Systèmes de Télécommunications Numériques (French: Digital Telecommunications Systems)
- Super Twisted Nematic Liquid Crystal Display
- Subthalamic Nucleus Deep Brain Stimulation (Parkinson's disease)
- Scapa Tapes North America
- School Technology Needs Assessment
- Service Technique de la Navigation Aérienne (French: Air Traffic Services Authority)
Samples in periodicals archive:
7 million units of super twisted nematic LCD module and 1.
In its report, Flat Panel Monitor Trends 1999, the San Jose, California-based company says that STN-LCD super twisted nematic technology has now been all but squeezed out of the monitor market by thin firm transistor displays, and that the industry is moving towards a hybrid digital/analog interface that will speed up the transition from analog to digital.
Packaged in a sleek and stylish design, the PCS Phone by Samsung N400 hosts the following innovative features: -- Super Twisted Nematic (STN) LCD screen: 128 x 128 pixel, full-color screen provides a vibrant, multi-dimensional experience when viewing screensavers and games.
This purchase gives International DisplayWorks the capability to produce approximately 3 million Color Super Twisted Nematic (CSTN) displays for applications such as cellular phones and assemble 1.
6% in 2008, as suppliers shifted their business from Color super-twisted nematic (CSTN) and monochrome super twisted nematic (MSTN).
Specifically, this bipane facility will be the largest (in terms of volume) and most sophisticated super twisted nematic (STN) factory in the world.
Capable of displaying 32,000 colors, this color super twisted nematic (CSTN) module has a rich color gamut, smooth color transitions and displays enhanced flesh tones.