Super Audio Compact Discs have the potential for reproducing a multiple of channels, not just two like regular CDs and, because of their greater storage capacity, reproduce things in what is theoretically better sound.
What does SACD stand for?
SACD stands for Super Audio Compact Disc (Sony audio format)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SACD
We have 15 other meanings of SACD in our Acronym Attic
- Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society
- Symposium on Automatic Control and Computer Science
- St. Anne Community Consolidated School District #256 (Saint Anne, IL)
- School of Architecture and Community Design
- Senate Appropriations Sub-Committee on Defense
- Social and Character Development (research program)
- Société des Auteurs et Compositeurs Dramatiques (French: Society of Dramatic Authors and Composers)
- South African Container Depots
- Speed Agile Concept Demonstrator (aircraft)
- Sub-Acute Combined Degeneration (neurology)
- Sandwell African Caribbean Development Agency (est. 1994; UK)
- Scottish Advisory Committee on Distinction Awards
- Strategic Avionics Crewstation Design Evaluation Facility
- South African Cake Decorators Guild (Van Riebeeck Park, South Africa)
- Strategic Air Command Digital Information Network
- Strategic Air Command Digital Network
- San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (San Antonio,Texas, USA)
- Scottish Advisory Committee on Drug Misuse
- Sudanese American Community Development Organization (Washington, DC)
- Specialty Advertising Counselors of Delaware Valley
Samples in periodicals archive:
ImaTek recognizes that essential patents for manufacturing CDs and DVDs that cover every CD, Compact Disc-Recordable (CD-R), Compact Disc-Rewritable (CD-RW), Super Audio Compact Discs (SACD) and DVD disc manufactured in, imported into, purchased or sold within the United States and Canada are held by Philips and Sony.
That is, if you have a Super Audio Compact Disc player and a multichannel sound system.