The team of scientists found El Gordo using ACT thanks to the Sunyaev-Zeldovich effect.
What does SZE stand for?
SZE stands for Sunyaev-Zeldovich Effect (astronomy)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SZE
We have 1 other meaning of SZE in our Acronym Attic
- South Zone Deposit (mining tract; Canada)
- Steel Zinc Dichromate
- Szybowcowe Zaklady Doswiadczalne (Polish: Glider Experimental Works; aircraft)
- SZTAKI Desktop Grid (Hungarian Academy of Sciences)
- Stichting Zelfregulering Direct Marketing (Netherlands)
- Szociáldemokrata Párt (Hungarian: Social Democratic Party)
- Societatea Ziaristilor Din Romania (Romanian)
- Sekcija Za Downov Sindrom (Slovenia: Association for Down Syndrome)
- Szabad Demokratak Szovetsege (Hungarian: Alliance of Free Democrats)
- Shared Zone Entry
- Standard State Zoning Enabling Act (US Department of Commerce)
- Szuréssel az Életért Program (Hungarian Health Ministry's Checkups for Life program)
- Singapore Zhejiang Economic Trade Council
- Saufen, Zocken, Fürstenau (gaming clan)
- Slovenska Znanstvena Fundacija (Slovenian: Slovenian Science Foundation; Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Sonic Zone Forums
- Southern Zonal Forum (Narcotics Anonymous)
- Sanghi Zip Fasteners Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Salzburg, Austria - Salzburg (Airport Code)
- Singapore Zoological Gardens
Samples in periodicals archive:
This is called the kinetic Sunyaev-Zeldovich effect, analogous to the familiar Doppler shift of sound waves, which explains why an ambulance's siren sounds different depending on whether the ambulance is approaching or moving away.
It's this shift in photon energy, known as the Sunyaev-Zeldovich effect, that John E.