NBC's Bob Costas fumbled his attempt to lecture the nation on firearms and "our current gun culture" during his halftime commentary on Sunday Night Football Dec.
What does SNF stand for?
SNF stands for Sunday Night Football
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of SNF
We have 91 other meanings of SNF in our Acronym Attic
- Standards Neutral Format (QAD Inc. file layout)
- Standing Naval Force
- Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation (Athens, Greece philanthropic organization)
- Steve Nash Foundation (Canada and US)
- Strategic Nuclear Forces (US DoD)
- Strong Nuclear Force
- Strongest Neighbor Filter
- Sulphonated Naphthalene Formaldehyde
- Sun and Fun (yearly spring flying festival in Florida)
- Supplemental Nomenclature File
- Supporting Navy Forces
- symbiotic nitrogen fixation
- Syndicat des Naturalistes de France (French; now Syndicat des Naturalistes Taxidermistes de France)
- System Noise Figure (electronics)
- Salmon Net Fishing Association (UK)
- Swedish National Food Administration
- Syndicat National de la Construction des Fenêtres, Façades et Activités Associées (French: National Union of the Construction of Windows, Facades, and Associated Activities)
- Skilled Nursing Facility Advance Beneficiary Notice
- Scottish Network for Families Affected by Drugs (Glasgow, Scotland, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The winner of the Sunday Night Football Game between the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins will claim the division title.
com/prnh/20121022/DE97185) On average, a 30-second spot for Sunday Night Football now costs $545,142, a 6% increase over last season and more than $200,000 more than nearest competitor Idol Wednesday (at $340,825), according to the exclusive Ad Age tally.
The conservative political pundit was forced to resign from ESPN's Sunday night football broadcast in 2003 after indicating he thought Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was overrated because of his race.
Sunday Night Football was surprisingly bad for the layers as the average bettor always seems to want the Cowboys, even with the Bears having made the Super Bowl last year.
In fact, I now contend that ESPN actually kept Sunday Night Football, which was simply moved to Monday nights; and NBC actually got the rights to Monday Night Football , which was shifted to Sunday nights.
Police forces throughout the country oppose Sunday night football but clubs need to be given the chance to attract a crowd while free of distractions.
UNDER-FIRE Roger Mitchell last night warned that Scottish fans are facing three more seasons of Sunday night football.