During that time, all Muslims who are able will fast without food or water from sunrise to sunset.
What does SR-SS stand for?
SR-SS stands for SunRise to SunSet
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 16 other meanings of SR-SS in our Acronym Attic
- Single Reference-Coupled-Cluster Single Discharge
- Short Range with Dismount
- Scavenger Receptor Expressed by Endothelial Cells (biochemistry)
- Secretion Rate of Insulin
- Stored-Reference Impulse Radio
- Superior Rectus and Levator Palpebralis
- Source Routing - Network Services
- Recursive Least Squares with Smoothing and Removing
- Schmidt Ruppin Strain of Rous Sarcoma Virus Subgroup D
- Single-Resolution Sparse Matrix / Adaptive Integral Method
- Source Routing/Transparent Bridge (also seen as SR/TB)
- Soluble Receptors for Tumor Necrosis Factor
- Status Report User Agent Protocol Data Unit
- Short-Range Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (US DoD)
- Slope Ratio vs. Volume
- Single Radio Voice Call Continuity
- Sinus Rhythm or Atrial Fibrillation
- Self-Regulation and Co-Regulation
- Short Range/Long Range
- Survey of Reading and Study Efficiency
Samples in periodicals archive:
Muslims practice month-long fasting, from sunrise to sunset, in the Arabic month of Ramzan.
Told as the story of a typical working day, Hawaiian Sunrise to Sunset gives an inspiring, eye-opening and sobering view into the life of a man who has dedicated all his resources to making children's lives better.
Muslims began observing Ramadan last Saturday, a holy month of fasting daily from sunrise to sunset and spiritual renewal.
The pool is often in use from sunrise to sunset and beyond--a 16-hour day is commonplace.
The 2,235 acre lake is open every day, except Christmas, from sunrise to sunset for boating, fishing, camping, hiking, picnicking and seasonal swimming.
Muslims avoid food and drink from sunrise to sunset for the whole month, breaking their fast after sunset with prayer and a meal known as iftar.
Hunting hours are one-half hour before sunrise to sunset for this special early goose season in nine northern counties.