In addition to the continued advancement of the Sun Game Server prototype and the Sun Grid, developers can now benefit from the cross-platform capabilities of Java(TM) technology, the breakthrough Solaris(TM) 10 Operating System, world record performance of Sun's x64 servers and workstations, and the array of tools available today for development efforts.
What does SGS stand for?
SGS stands for Sun Game Server
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SGS
We have 245 other meanings of SGS in our Acronym Attic
- Stablized Glide Slope
- Stained Glass Studios
- State Geological Survey
- Statistics Gathering System
- Steam Generator System
- Stockport Grammar School (United Kingdom)
- Strategic Guidance Statement
- Stretch Glass Society
- Subgrid Scale
- Sulforaphane Glucosinolate (antioxidant)
- Supplemental Guide Signs (tourism)
- Sutherland Generating Station (coal plant; Alliant Energy; Iowa)
- Sutherland Global Services (various locations)
- Sutton Grammar School (UK)
- Svalbard Ground Station
- Swiveling Gunner's Station
- Symantec Gateway Security (appliance)
- Symbol Generation and Storage
- Système de Gestion de la Sécurité (French: System Security Management; Transport Canada)
- Ships Gridlock System/Automatic Correlation
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Sun game server prototype represents a giant leap forward for game developers, enabling them to rapidly build persistent online games that easily scale to hundreds of thousands of users," said Jim Groff, chief executive officer of TimesTen.
Within the Sun game server prototype, TimesTen can manage session and state information for thousands of active players.