This federally funded Summer Food Service Program provides approximately 9% of the total Camp Allegheny and Retreat Center operating budget, which helps keep the costs at a minimum for those attending.
What does SFSP stand for?
SFSP stands for Summer Food Service Program
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SFSP
We have 15 other meanings of SFSP in our Acronym Attic
- Sterile Fire Support Overlay
- Sun Flower Seed Oil
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office
- San Francisco School of Bartending (California)
- Starfleet Special Operations Command (Star Trek)
- San Francisco Suicide Prevention
- Simple Formula for Strong Passwords (tutorial)
- Société Française de Santé Publique (French: French Society of Public Health; est. 1877)
- Society of Financial Services Professionals
- South Franklin Street Partners (Cleveland, OH)
- Summer Food Service Program for Children
- San Francisco Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (San Francisco, CA)
- San Francisco Samoyed Rescue (San Carlos, CA)
- Santa Fe Southern Railway (Santa Fe, NM)
- Scale for Failures in Self-Regulation (psychology)
- Shipfitter, Ship Repair (US Navy)
- Soviet Federated Socialist Republic
- Structural Family Systems Rating (psychiatry)
- Shipfitter, Ship Repair, Chipper-Caulker (US Navy)
- Shipfitter, Ship Repair, Diver (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Y has partnered with the Walmart Foundation to address child hunger in communities, with a focus on increasing participation in the USDA's Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), which provides free meals to children aged 18 and under while school is out.
Federal programs such as school breakfasts and lunches, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the Afterschool Meal Program, the Summer Food Service Program and the Child and Adult Food Care Program, can help cities ensure that more children from low-income families receive adequate nutrition to grow up healthy and succeed in school.
Three amendments were offered and withdrawn, these included amendments to ban trans-fats from schools, to specify that high-need urban areas would be included in the Medicaid direct certification pilot program, and an amendment to expand the area eligibility in the Summer Food Service Program and Child and Adult Care Food Program.
The law, which includes School Breakfast and National School Lunch Programs, the Summer Food Service Program, and the Child and Adult Care Food Program, is reviewed every five years.
It will also use volunteers to connect children with healthy foods and meals as part of the Summer Food Service Program.
Some enrolled sites operated by Summer Food Service Program sponsors, such as a Y program, special summer camps and residential camps, are also eligible for reimbursement for meals if half or more of participating children are eligible for free or reduced-price meals.
The state shut down the Smart Start Summer Food Service Program in 1999 after the inspector general identified $1.