Instead of computing the real XYZ coordinate for every pixel using the Sum of Absolute Differences or other stereo correspondence algorithms, which are even more time consuming, in the first step of our method the SURF features are detected in both left and right images.
What does SAD stand for?
SAD stands for Sum of Absolute Differences
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAD
We have 292 other meanings of SAD in our Acronym Attic
- Statutory Audit Directive
- Stay Another Day
- Stock Assessment Driven (fisheries)
- Structural Analysis and Design (engineering; various schools)
- Structured ASCI Design
- Students Against Destruction
- Subacromial Decompression
- Submarine Anomaly Detection
- Sudden Aspen Decline (forestry; Colorado)
- Sullen, Angry, Depressed
- Summary of Aggregated Deficiencies (audit)
- Summary of Audit Differences
- Supplementary Access Device (special pass)
- Supplementary Alteration Drawing
- Supply And Demand
- Support Air Direction
- Swiss Academy for Development (foundation; Biel, Switzerland)
- Symptomatic Abdominal Distension
- System Activity Display (IBM)
- System Administrator/Administration
Samples in periodicals archive:
Designers can watch display screen images of the actual software at work as Tensilica Application Engineer Michael Carchia shows how an optimized Xtensa processor is generated automatically to accelerate a target C/C++ application, which in the demonstration is a sum of absolute differences algorithm used in video compression applications.
2, builds upon the advanced features and functions of previous versions, including: -- Support for improved profiling and VLX context switching -- C Library -- a small footprint enables developers to more quickly design broadband applications -- Software Pipelining -- increases performance up to 60% over selected inner loop algorithms, such as Sum of Absolute Differences and FIR filter -- C++ Alpha Release Support -- enables users to develop and debug applications faster and with increased flexibility Availability The iMMediaTools Software Development Toolkit is immediately available through Equator's direct sales channels.