Some of them have also played with conventional symphony orchestras: one example is our principal double-bass player who went for a few years to work with the Suisse Romande orchestra in Geneva.
What does SRO stand for?
SRO stands for Suisse Romande Orchestra
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SRO
We have 178 other meanings of SRO in our Acronym Attic
- State Review Officer
- Static Return to Off (vehicle controls)
- Station Reception Officer (UK)
- Station Routine Orders (UK Royal Air Force)
- Statutory Regulation Order (UK)
- Statutory Restraining Order
- Stock Record Officer
- Storm Riders Online (gaming)
- Strategic Research Objective (Army)
- Student Records Office (various schools)
- Supervisor Range Operations (US NASA)
- Surface Readout
- Surveillance Régionale des Odeurs (French: Regional Monitoring Odors)
- Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Observation
- Survey Research Office (University of Illinois at Springfield)
- Sustainment Replenishment Operations
- System Readiness Objective
- Systems Review Office
- Subregional Office for Eastern Africa (Rwanda; UN Economic Commission for Africa)
- Scalar Replacement of Aggregates
Samples in periodicals archive:
Those who recall the three years which Marek Janowski spent in charge of the RLPO can find his Suisse Romande Orchestra at Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, on January 25.
Pinchas Steinberg, the Israeli-American newly appointed principal conductor of the Suisse Romande Orchestra, has declined the five-year contract offered to him by the administration and opted for a three year one instead, saying that "this will give me time to see if the post goes in the right direction both for me and the administrative direction.