7) In addition, peer specialists can support suicide prevention in provider or peer-led settings through activities that include: * Developing self-help plans for consumers coping with persistent suicidality; * Facilitating gatekeeper programs to recognize warning signs of suicide and interventions; * Operating peer-run "warm" lines for consumers coping with suicidality-related concerns; * Educating family members about risk factors and warning signs of suicide; * Facilitating peer-led psycho-education groups on suicide prevention; and * Organizing suicide bereavement support groups for consumers (led by peer suicide survivors).
What does SBSG stand for?
SBSG stands for Suicide Bereavement Support Group (Australia and UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SBSG
We have 17 other meanings of SBSG in our Acronym Attic
- Steel Bridge Songfest (Wisconsin)
- Stop By Shoot Film (Eastman Kodak Co)
- Swidler Berlin Shereff Friedman LLP (law firm; Washington, DC)
- Swiss Baseball and Softball Federation
- Striped Bass Stamp Fund Advisory Committee (California Department of Fish and Game)
- School-Based Support Group
- Small Business Services Group
- Small Business Support Group
- Spa Builders Systems Group
- Step by Step Graphics (magazine)
- Step-by-Step Genetic Algorithm
- Santa Barbara Student Housing Cooperative (University of California at Santa Barbara; Santa Barbara, CA)
- Separation by Bonding Silicon Islands (semiconductor fabrication)
- Shaw Binary Systems, Inc. (est. 1999; San Diego, CA)
- Silver Bullet Solutions, Inc. (Arlington, VA; est. 1997)
- Single Billing Services, Inc. (Tennessee)
- Small Business Survival Index (state entrepreneurship climate index)
- Step by Step Interactive (Microsoft training program)
- Summer Biomedical Science Institute (Georgetown University; Washington, DC)
- Ship-based System Integration Test (US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition, we are fortunate to have two local suicide bereavement support groups, an active Lane County Suicide Prevention Steering Committee working to coordinate services and develop resources, and several individuals who provide training to parents, businesses and school personnel.
For information about an upcoming suicide bereavement support group in Sherman Oaks, call Rick Mogil at 310-895-2326.