The Suffolk County Police Department in New York took to Nixle to keep drivers away from the Long Island Expressway, which got buried under a massive blanket of snow, turning sections of the highway into virtual parking lots.
What does SCPD stand for?
SCPD stands for Suffolk County Police Department (New York)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SCPD
We have 48 other meanings of SCPD in our Acronym Attic
- Southern California Particle Center and Supersite
- South Carolina Public Charter School District (statewide education agency)
- Society of Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriters
- Santa Cruz Police Department (Santa Cruz, CA)
- Satellite Committee for People with Disabilities
- Seacrest County Police Department (gaming)
- Short Circuit Protective Device
- Society of Concurrent Product Development
- Standard Core Personnel Document
- Stanford Center for Professional Development
- Sun City Palm Desert (California)
- Staff Civilian Personnel Division, Office, Chief Of Staff
- South Central Planning and Development Commission (Louisiana)
- Supply Chain Process Design Toolkit
- School for Command Preparation (US Army)
- Simplified Collective Protection Equipment
- Social, Civic and Political Education
- Specialized Customer Premises Equipment (telecommunicatons)
- Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics (Health Professions Council)
- Structurally Constrained Protein Evolution
Samples in periodicals archive:
Suffolk County Police Department would not comment on the latest revelations.
The two-day, 35-mile walk begins Saturday morning at Smith Point County Park at the Fire Island barrier beach in Shirley and continues along safe and scenic Suffolk County roads with continuous support from the Suffolk County Police Department, a qualified medical team, and local ambulance personnel.
The FBI has brought together "a complement of people from the Joint-Terrorist Task Force," according to FBI Special Agent Jim Margolin, and teamed them with agents from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and members of the Suffolk County Police Department.
As he neared retirement in Minneapolis last winter, he almost landed the job as head of the Suffolk County Police Department on suburban Long Island, coming in second.
As a 40 year member of the of the Suffolk County Police Department, having served as Chief of Patrol and Chief of Support Services, where he was in charge of budgetary control, Edward Webber has the vast experience needed to manage the department.
Because it is a large department, the Suffolk County Police Department has many detectives and detective supervisors who have developed their expertise through years of working in the field.
The charges, including a homicide, shootings, beatings and a stabbing, are the product of an investigation led by ATF's Long Island Firearms Task Force, comprised of members of ATF and the Nassau County and Suffolk County Police Departments.