FILE - Sudan People's Liberation Army (SPLA) soldiers march during the Independence Day ceremony in Juba July 9, 2011 (Reuters) According to the manifesto emailed to Sudan Tribune, the new movement says it emerged as a result of "marginalization of all the South Sudan political parties and civil society, failure to adopt a viable political road map which can galvanize and reward the Southern people for their victorious achievement of a just peace, the rampant corruption perpetrated by the SPLM-led government in Juba, neglect of the families of the martyrs in the war of liberation and the rigging of the people's vote by the SPLM/A in the last elections and the SPLM/SPLA failures to delivered basic services to the citizens of the South".
What does SPLA stand for?
SPLA stands for Sudan People's Liberation Army
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SPLA
We have 33 other meanings of SPLA in our Acronym Attic
- Singapore Polytechnic Life Arts (Singapore)
- Single Purpose Licensing Agreement
- Software Product Line Architecture
- Sound Pressure Level (A-weighted)
- Southern Private Landlords Association (UK)
- Sparsely Populated Livestock Area
- Speech-Language Pathology Assistant
- St. Petersburg Legislative Assembly (Russia)
- State and Provincial Livestock Associations
- Student Patent Law Association
- Sunderland Private Landlords Association (UK)
- Secretory Type II Phospholipase A2
- Sphere Packings, Lattices and Groups
- Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya (Libya)
- Scaled Position Link Atom Method (physics)
- Skim Pensijilan Ladang Akuakultur Malaysia (Malay: Malaysian Aquaculture Farm Certification Scheme; Malaysia Department of Fisheries)
- Successful Property Letting and Management (book)
- Strategic Plan
- Schools and Police Liaison Activities for the Summer Holidays
- Sea Plane Landing Around Someone's Houseboat :-)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He said Jau was the headquarters of the South's Sudan People's Liberation Army 9th Division and this was recognized in accords between the two sides, which fought a devastating two-decade civil war up to 2005.
Summary: High up in Sudan's Nuba mountains, hundreds of men train to join fighters aligned to the ex-rebel army of the South, the Sudan People's Liberation Army.
The government and the rebel Sudan People's Liberation Army (SPLA) sign a temporary ceasefire at the outset of a month of negotiations in Nairobi, Kenya.
Three years ago, as chairman of the New Sudan Council of Churches, he met with the leaders of the rebel faction, the Sudan People's Liberation Army, to try to convince them to end their violent acts.
The air force dropped ten bombs near a hospital in Yei, about 100 miles southwest of Juba, the largest southern town still controlled by the government, said a spokesman for the Sudan People's Liberation Army on Saturday.
The road we travel was recently made by the Sudan People's Liberation Army (SPLA) using bulldozers it seized from the government in Khartoum.
The Sudan People's Liberation Army, to a lesser extent, has obstructed the delivery of aid to government-held areas.