Since the surviving spouse can file a joint return with the decedent through the date of death, naming the spouse as successor in interest avoids including the partnership income or loss in the estate.
What does SII stand for?
SII stands for Successor In Interest
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SII
We have 141 other meanings of SII in our Acronym Attic
- Special Investigative Inquiry
- Sponsor Identification Index
- Standards Institute of Israel
- Standards Institution of Israel
- Statement of Intelligence Interest
- Static/Stub Invocation Interface (CORBA client-side API)
- Strategic Infrastructure Initiative
- Strategic Inventory Initiative
- Strengths, Improvements, and Insights
- Strong Interest Inventory
- Suitability Investigative Index
- System Internal Interface
- Systemic Infrastructure Initiative (Australia)
- Systems Interface Inc.
- Sistema Integrado de Información del Instituto Guatemalteco de Seguridad Social (Spanish: Integrated Information System of the Social Security Institute; Guatemala)
- Singapore Institute of International Affairs
- Società Italiana di Ipertensione Arteriosa
- Software & Information Industry Association (formerly the Software Publishers Association)
- International Secretariat for Catholic Engineers, Agronomists and Industry Officials
- Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences (Staten Island, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
as successor in interest to Community Psychiatric Centers, Inc.