companies has been dominated by individual company efforts within an individual or collective REACH-required Substance Information Exchange Forum (SIEF).
What does SEIF stand for?
SEIF stands for Substance Information Exchange Forum (open database for information on commercial chemicals in the EU)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SEIF
We have 1 other meaning of SEIF in our Acronym Attic
- Stabilized Explicit-Implicit Domain Decomposition (parabolic problems)
- Stormwater Environmental Indicators Demonstration Project (Santa Clara Valley, CA)
- Student Earned Income Exclusion (Supplemental Security Income exclusion)
- Submarine Escape and Immersion Equipment
- Sustainable Energy Innovation in Educational Facilities (Melbourne, Australia)
- Servicios Educativos Integrados al Estado de México (Spanish: Integrated Educational Services of the State of Mexico)
- System Efficiency Improvement, Equitization and Renewables (development project; Vietnam)
- Sawteeth-Arm Embracing Internal Fixator (bone healing)
- Siondróm Easpa Imdhíonachta Faighte (Irish: AIDS)
- Sparse Extended Information Filter (autonomous navigation)
- Socio Economic Indexes for Areas
- Single-Engine Instrument Flight Rules (aviation)
- Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of South Africa
- Scottish Energy Industries Group (UK)
- Self Employed Insurance Group
- Socio-Economic Impact of Gambling
- Software Engineering Improvement Group
- Software Engineering Interest Group
- Systems Engineering Integration Group
- Stimulation of European Industries through High Performance Computing
Samples in periodicals archive:
Quaker's proactive involvement in the REACH process and its leadership role within a key special interest group, the Substance Information Exchange Forum (SIEF) on MEA polyborates, has caught the attention of industry experts.
These consortia work tightly together towards the final registration and are also part of the whole group of pre-registrants, the so-called Substance Information Exchange Forum (SIEF, see sidebar).
Also covered are legal risk issue and how to work with competitors and there is a chapter on Consortia and the Substance Information Exchange Forums.
2 million pre-registrations, some 150,000 Substance Information Exchange Forums (SIEFs) have the potential to facilitate completion of the final registration dossiers (over the next 12 years, depending on the annual volume of the chemical use).
During this stage, Huntsman will join with other companies who manufacture or import the same or similar substances to participate in various Substance Information Exchange Forums, to share data and agree on any additional work required prior to submittal to ECHA for final registration.
Subsequently, we will use this information to identify the Substance Information Exchange Forum for each substance (SIEFs), and bring together all of the existing testing data, identify the data gaps, and propose a testing plan on how the data gaps will be filled.
The importance of having consistent nomenclature rules under REACH is related to the establishment of Substance Information Exchange Forums (SIEF) by ECHA after the pre-registration process, and, ultimately, industry consortia to meet registration requirements.