CAPE exhibits strong antitumor effects in oral cancer cells: fibroblasts from oral submucous fibrosis (OSF), neck metastasis of gingiva carcinoma (GNM) and tongue squamous cell carcinoma.
What does SMF stand for?
SMF stands for Submucous Fibrosis
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SMF
We have 203 other meanings of SMF in our Acronym Attic
- Standard Mammogram Form (format for storing mammogram images)
- Standard Message Format
- Standard MIDI File
- Standard Model Feature (computer vision)
- Standard Monitoring Framework
- Standardized Monitoring Framework
- Standish Maximum Facility (Michigan Department of Corrections)
- Stockholm Metaphor Festival (linguistics)
- Student Managed Fund (various schools)
- Student Master File
- Sunset Music Festival (Tampa, FL)
- Super Mario Flash (game)
- Superconducting Magnetic Facility
- Supplier Maintenance Form
- Sustainable Management Fund (New Zealand)
- Sutter Medical Foundation (Sacramento, CA)
- Svenska Musikerförbundet (Sweden)
- Sveriges Mynthandlares Förening (Nyköping, Sweden)
- Swift Museum Foundation (Athens, TN)
- Swiss Mutual Fund (offshore investements; Dominica)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Betel chewing is well recognised as being associated with the pathogenesis of oral submucous fibrosis (OSF) (2).
Patients with oral leukoplakia, oral submucous fibrosis or lichen planus, and healthy individuals (n = 25 for each group) aged 17-50 years were selected.
Results Significantly high MDA levels were observed in Lichenplanus, leukoplakia, oral submucous fibrosis and cancer (Table 1, p <0.
Epidemiological and etiological study of oral submucous fibrosis among gutkha chewers of Patna, Bihar, India.
Oral submucous fibrosis causes permanent cell changes in mouth tissues.