According to Ball Aerospace President and CEO Dave Taylor, "This is a strategic win for the company, since GMI builds on our heritage of successful microwave sensors, including the Shuttle Radar Topography Mission, Shuttle Imaging Radar (SIR-C), Geosat Follow On (GFO) and the Submillimeter Wave Astronomy Satellite.
What does SWAS stand for?
SWAS stands for Submillimeter Wave Astronomy Satellite
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SWAS
We have 13 other meanings of SWAS in our Acronym Attic
- Syndicate Wars (computer game)
- School Within A School (alternative education program)
- Secretly We Are Straight
- Service with a Smile
- Shenandoah WAtershed Study (Virginia)
- Software Accomplishment Summary (software certification)
- South Western Ambulance Service (UK)
- Steam and Water Analysis System
- Steering Wheel Angle Sensor (vehicles)
- Store Within A Store
- Super Wicked Ass Sweat
- Social Work and Social Administration (academics)
- Solid Waste Storage Area
- Southwest Working Australian Shepherd Association (Australian Shepherd Club of America, Inc.; Texas)
- Southwest Association of Student Assistance Programs (various states)
- Southwest Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Sydney Women and Sexual Health (survey; Australia)
- Southwest Asia Service Medal (US military)
- South Western Ambulance Service National Health Service Trust
- State Wide Arts Service Organization (National Endowment for the Arts)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the July 12 NATURE, Melnick's team proposes that the vapor it detected with the Submillimeter Wave Astronomy Satellite originated in a swarm of icy bodies--comets--that might be orbiting CW Leonis.
Their equipment was responsible for detecting water on Mars using the Submillimeter Wave Astronomy Satellite (SWAS) during a Small Explorer mission, and their radar technology is built into Mercedes' auto collision warning systems.
This week, he and his collaborators had hoped they would finally be celebrating the launch of their $60 million Submillimeter Wave Astronomy Satellite (SWAS).
7 /PRNewswire/ -- Orbital Sciences Corporation (NYSE: ORB) today announced that its Pegasus(R) rocket successfully launched the Submillimeter Wave Astronomy Satellite (SWAS) for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) in a mission that was carried out Saturday evening, December 5.
Carried aloft by a Pegasus rocket, NASA's Submillimeter Wave Astronomy Satellite (SWAS) is expected to record the distribution of water, molecular oxygen, carbon, and carbon monoxide in dense molecular clouds that lie within 3,000 light-years of Earth, including those within the constellations Orion, Taurus, Ophiuchi, and Perseus.
3 /PRNewswire/ -- Orbital Sciences Corporation (NYSE: ORB) announced that the planned launch of its Pegasus(R) rocket carrying NASA's Submillimeter Wave Astronomy Satellite (SWAS) was called off Wednesday evening, December 2 at approximately 5:50 p.
Carried above the atmosphere by a Pegasus launch vehicle, NASA's Submillimeter Wave Astronomy Satellite (SWAS) will chart the distribution and abundance of water vapor, molecular oxygen, carbon, and carbon monoxide in any large stellar nursery within 3,000 light-years of Earth.