For submarines and submarine tenders undergoing Integrated Logistics Overhauls, and for aircraft carriers undergoing refueling maintenance availabilities, Code 87 must coordinate with all internal and external stakeholders and the ship to attain 100 percent onboard of all "Q" COSAL repair parts (OBRP) prior to the ship's fast cruise date.
What does AS stand for?
AS stands for Submarine Tender
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AS
We have 206 other meanings of AS in our Acronym Attic
- Autonomous System (ATM)
- Autos Suecos (Spanish: Swedish Cars)
- Autosavants.com (car enthusiasts)
- Auxiliary Steam
- Auxiliary Submarine
- Aviation Safety
- Aviation Ship (US DoD)
- Aviation Support Equipment Technician
- Complex Antenna
- Sickle-cell Trait (carrier; genetics)
- Wait (logging abbreviation)
- Åsane Fotball (Norwegian football club)
- Air & Surface Maneuvering Module (TARTAR)
- Advanced Systems and Concepts
- Alarm, Surveillance, & Control (Alcatel)
- Airborne Systems and Crew Station
- American Science and Engineering Inc
- Aviation, Space & Environmental Medicine (journal)
- Atmospheric Science and Remote Sensing
- All Ships & Stations Letter
Samples in periodicals archive:
From 1991 to 1993, he commanded the submarine tender USS L.
Freedom-class USS Freedom (LCS 1) USS Independence (LCS 2) Fort Worth (LCS 3)* Coronado (LCS 4)* Submarine Tenders Submarine tenders furnish maintenance and logistic support for nuclear-powered attack submarines and are the largest of the active auxiliaries.
The ships include one submarine tender and three minesweepers.
Soon, the command will operate the Navy's salvage ships, and talks are underway concerning MSC operation of submarine tenders.
Stockton North MP Frank Cook - Able UK's Billingham HQ is in his constituency - watched yesterday as submarine tender the Canopus was towed into Graythorp.
A submarine tender called the Canopus and a navigation instrument ship called the Compass Island, both part of what is known as the James River Ghost Fleet, were nudged out to sea by four tugs to begin a three-week journey across the Atlantic.
It also has produced amphibious assault ships, submarine tenders, destroyers, ammunition ships, and nuclear submarines built for the U.