The HHM System includes a continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion pump, a continuous glucose monitor (CGM) and a control algorithm used to predict changes in blood glucose.
What does SCII stand for?
SCII stands for Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion (endocrinology)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SCII
We have 3 other meanings of SCII in our Acronym Attic
- Snowball's Chance In Hell
- South Chicago and Indiana Harbor Railway
- State Correctional Institution at Huntingdon (Pennsylvania)
- Swiss Centre for International Health (Swiss Tropical Institute; Switzerland)
- South China Ice Hockey League
- Science of Information Institute
- Soul Caliber II(video game)
- Spinal Cord Ischemic Injury
- StarCraft II (gaming)
- Strong-Campbell Interest Inventory
- Service Central de l'identité Judiciaire (French: Central Forensic Identification Office)
- Scan Configurable Interface Logic (JTAG Technologies)
- School for Contemporary and Islamic Learning (Pakistan)
- Secondary Collateralized Institutional Loan
- Self-Contained Individualized Learning
- Ships Construction Items Listing
- Site Continuous Improvement Leader (GKN PLC)
- Southern California Instruction Librarians
- Springfield Center for Independent Living
- Stanford Center for Innovations in Learning (Stanford University; Palo Alto, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
a national provider of online continuing education and training courses for nurses and other health care professionals, is very pleased to announce an important new course on Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion authored by Judy Gilman NP-R, RN, CDE.
NASDAQ: HALO) today announced the presentation of two posters at the 72nd Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association (ADA) highlighting its research on improved treatment options for both the multiple daily injection therapy and continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion markets.
Insulin analogs and premixed insulin analogs, flexible insulin regimens, continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion with an insulin pump, and the recently approved agents that mimic amylin and GLP activity can provide the means for more closely replicating the normal physiologic profile of insulin secretion.
In a randomized controlled study of 71 pregnant women with type 1 diabetes and 142 matched, nondiabetic, pregnant controls, continuous subcutaneous insulin infusions (CSII) were found to mimic more closely than multiple daily injections (given as a premeal bolus) the normal postprandial glucose excursion pattern.
Randomized, prospective trial comparing the efficacy of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion with multiple daily injections using insulin glargine.
Reduction in severe hypoglycaemia with long-term continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in Type 1 diabetes.
Through the OmniPod System, Insulet seeks to expand the use of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) therapy among people with insulin-dependent diabetes.