The Subcutaneous Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (S-ICD) System is approved only for patients who do not require a pacemaker or pacing therapy.
What does SICD stand for?
SICD stands for Subcutaneous Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SICD
We have 8 other meanings of SICD in our Acronym Attic
- Southern Illinois Collegiate Common Market
- Stand-In Communications Countermeasure Demonstration
- Stenting in Chronic Coronary Occlusion (medical trial)
- Secondary Item Control Division (Army field support command)
- Sensor Independent Complex Data
- Sequenced Inventory of Communication Development
- SI (Système International d'Unités) Chemical Data (Wiley publication)
- Spiral Initial Capabilities Document
- Stress Induced Cell Death (cell biology)
- Student Investment Club Delft (Delft, Netherlands)
- Sudden In-Custody Death (syndrome)
- System Interface Control Document
- Simple Index of Crohn's Disease Activity
- Scientific Instrument Computer and Data Handling
- Speaker Independent Continuous Digit Recognition (Sprint)
- School of Interdisciplinary Computing and Engineering (University of Missouri – Kansas City)
- Services and Infrastructure Core Enterprise (US Army)
- Side Impact Collision Evaluation (vehicle crash test)
- Sistema de Información Sobre Comercio Exterior (Spanish: Foreign Trade Information System; Organization of American States)
- Sociedad Ibérica de Construcciones Eléctricas, SA
Samples in periodicals archive:
today announced the publication of study results online in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) highlighting the development and potential benefits of the company's S-ICD([R]) System, the first minimally invasive, subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), for the treatment of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA).