Propranolol Hydrochloride Extended-Release Capsules are indicated to treat hypertension, angina pectoris due to coronary atherosclerosis, migraine, and hypertrophic subaortic stenosis.
What does SAS stand for?
SAS stands for Subaortic Stenosis (cardiology)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAS
We have 1109 other meanings of SAS in our Acronym Attic
- Student Affiliates of Seventeen (US national graduate student organization)
- Student Architectural Society
- Student Assessment System (various organizations)
- Student Assistance Scheme (various schools)
- Student Association Senate
- Studies, Analysis, and Simulation (panel)
- Study Area Specification
- Study Group on Alternative Security
- Su Alti Savunma (Turkish Special Forces)
- Sub-Arctic Summer
- Subarachnoid Space (band)
- Suborbital Aeroscience Studies (high school program)
- Subscriber Access Switch
- Subscriber Alerting Signal (caller ID with call waiting)
- Substance Abuse Services (behavioral health)
- Substation Automation System
- Sugar and Spice
- Suomen Automaatioseura ry (Finnish Society of Automation)
- Super Alien Strike (game)
- Supervision After School (program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
An abnormal thickening of the heart muscle, known as idiopathic hypertrophic subaortic stenosis, was one of the underlying causes of the 1990 death of 23-year-old Loyola Marymount basketball star Hank Gathers, Dr.
Doctors explained that Kinslee had developed a subaortic stenosis - a loud heart murmur that is causing pressure on and thickening of the heart.
In one, the surgeon encounters subaortic stenosis in 3 patients initially thought to have valvular aortic stenosis.
Among these cases, risk factors or autopsy findings included bicuspid valve abnormalities, cardiac hypertrophy, idiopathic hypertrophic subaortic stenosis, unexplained increase in or toxic amphetamine level, and a heart murmur.
The HC terminology replaces prior descriptive names, such as idiopathic hypertrophic subaortic stenosis, that suggested obstruction was an integral part of the disorder.
Propranolol HCl ER is the generic equivalent of Wyeth Pharmaceuticals' Inderal(R)LA and is used to treat hypertension, angina pectoris due to coronary atherosclerosis, migraine and hypertrophic subaortic stenosis.
Mitral regurgitation in muscular subaortic stenosis.