Aquinas generalized the characteristics of the studiosus into the virtue of studiositas (a word already in use), as a fitting parallel to curiositas.
What does STUD stand for?
STUD stands for Studiosus
This definition appears very rarely
See other definitions of STUD
- Society to Undermine Annoy and Ruthlessly Torment (fictional, from TV cartoon "Doug")
- Small Tactical Unmanned Aerial System (US DoD)
- Software Technik Und Beratung (German: Software Engineering and Consulting)
- Samoa Trades Union Congress
- Scottish Trades Union Congress
- Sør-Trøndelag University College (Norway)
- Space Telescope Users Committee (Hubble Space Telescope)
- Student Community
- Student Council
- Suedostasiatische Treffen Und Dialog (German: SouthEast Asian Meetings and Dialogues)
- Super Tactical Urban Dinosaur (gaming clan, Counter-Strike)
- Student of the Institution of Engineers Australia
- Small Tactical Ubiquitous Detection Sensors
- Spouses Trailing Under Duress Successfully
- Simply-to Understand, Devote Yourself! (student motivation)
- Standard Therapeutic Use Exemption
- Select the Usable Fun Facts
- Stabsunteroffizier (German)
- Students Team Up to Fight Hunger
Samples in periodicals archive:
Under the heading of "Holiday encounters in the light of CSR", a Studiosus meeting will ask if a code of conduct is necessary and examine the role of tour operators and guests with regard to meeting local residents On 6 March 2013 the Young Professional Day will offer newcomers to the job market and academically qualified young employees in the travel industry ideas for shaping their future.
He has worked with the comb-footed spider Anelosimus studiosus, which lives along riverbanks from New England to Argentina.
Travel agency Studiosus Reisen based in Munich, Germany, has recently announced its first-ever round-trip programme to Saudi Arabia, a 13-day guided tour called "Saudi Arabia The cradle of Arabian culture", says spokeswoman Karin Graf.
The mother's assistance is indispensable for the emergence of juveniles from the cocoon in lycosids (Fujii 1978; Higashi & Rovner 1975), in the subsocial theridiid Anelosimus cf studiosus (Viera et al.
Ciascun lettore, ovviamente, potra non condividere in qualche caso le scelte operate, come peraltro avviene con qualsiasi edizione critica; ma cio che importa e che il commento offre in genere tutte le indicazioni necessarie allo studiosus lector che potra, eventualmente, operare anche scelte diver genti.
Erasmus echoes Seneca, more than fourteen centuries later, under the heading 'Ratio colligendi exempla' of his De Dvplici Copia Verborum (1528; STC 10472): 'Itaque studiosus ille velut apicula diligens, per omnes au[c]torum hortos volitabit, flosculis omnibus adsultabit, vndique succi non nihil colligens, quod in suum de ferat aluearium' (sig.
The original closing date for entries was extended when sponsors Truluma and Studiosus Reisen raised the total prize fund by over 100 per cent from pounds 11,000 to pounds 28,000, enhancing the 16-player event to WISPA Tour Gold level.