PDL) (Nasdaq: PDLI) announced that the Studies of the Ocular Complications of AIDS (SOCA) group decided today to stop enrollment and treatment in the Phase II/III trial of PDL's PROTOVIR (TM) human anti-CMV antibody (MSL 109) as a supplemental treatment to primary treatment for CMV retinitis in patients with newly diagnosed or relapsed retinitis, based on lack of evidence of efficacy.
What does SOCA stand for?
SOCA stands for Studies of the Ocular Complications of AIDS
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SOCA
We have 32 other meanings of SOCA in our Acronym Attic
- Special Operations Communications Assembly (US DoD)
- Special Operations Control Area (NASA)
- Spotted Owl Conservation Area
- State of Community Assessment
- STU-III Only COMSEC Account
- Student Organizations and Campus Activities
- Student Organizing Committee for the Arts (Stanford University)
- Students of Caribbean Ancestry
- Students of the Caribbean Alliance
- Students of the Caribbean Association
- Subcommittee on Oceans and Coastal Areas (United Nations)
- Submarine Operations Coordinating Authority
- Survivors of Child Abuse (various locations)
- School of Communication Alumni Association (University of Houston)
- South Coast Air Basin
- Service-Oriented Computing and Agent-Based Engineering (conference)
- Special Operations Command Atlantic Command
- Servicemembers Opportunity College Associates Degree
- State Office for Comprehensive Agricultural Development (World Bank)
- Special Operations Command Africa
Samples in periodicals archive:
A third clinical study of VISTIDE is being conducted by an independent NIH-sponsored research group, the Studies of the Ocular Complications of AIDS (SOCA).
The increase in R&D expenses for the second quarter of 1995 compared to the first quarter of 1995 is largely attributable to a $781,000 payment related to a planned Phase II/III study of PDL's Human Anti-CMV Antibody in AIDS patients with CMV retinitis to be conducted by the Studies of the Ocular Complications of AIDS (SOCA) study group affiliated with the National Eye Institute.